Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: WHERE DOES THE SOUND GO ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello to one and all.I am a newbie (boooo hissss) to atomix,although I used to dj the old fashioned way when house music was born.First impressions are great.It looks as if I could do some demon mixes with this ,But,and it is a bigbut,everytime I have tried to mix I lose sound on a deck(sometimes A,sometimes B).Everytime.Now,everything else works.The graph still displays both colours.the effects still work,but there is only one sound.I have a not bad system and a creative live sound card.Please ,if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.If I need to change my settings or setup.etc.The advice that helps me rectify it can have access to my "limited edition" sound bank.i.e. my record collection.I have not digitised it yet,but any oldschool request for my savior will be put in and passed on.Thanking you.
Think circa 88',89' and 90',when house and hiphop was original and you will know what I mean.Please sort this for me ,as I am dying to get a new mix going.............
GaelicGuru

Posted Mon 29 Apr 02 @ 1:37 pm
aknit44Home userMember since 2002
hi there...

well, i guess your problem lies in your sound card config or setup... you say you have a creative sound blaster live.. if i remember well, these are 3D sound cards, which means you can use Atomix's support to have sound out of the front channels and headphones/monitor in the rear channel output of the sound card....

i think u might have done it the other way round... u see, when u use headphones on the SB live card, u need to place them in the rear output jack on the sound card...... and place your main output/speakers on the front channel output... when u play a song, Atomix will send the output of the deck you cross-fade to to the sound card... if u have equal cross-fade, that is, in the middle, and not inclined to any deck, u will get output from both decks, if u have connected your speaker/mixer/amp to the front channel of the sound card...

on the other hand, connecting your headphones to the rear channel will give you sound output only to the deck you choose to monitor, that is A or B... what i think u have done is switched the channels, and placed your speakers in the rear channel... aside from the rear channels being underpowered, your speakers have now become your headphones, which means that u will only be able to output sound from the deck you choose, that is, A or B...

switch your cables around the front and rear channels, and see what works for u... that's the only problem i can think of at this time..

good luck..

Posted Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 10:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)