Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: effects issues .dll files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

why do the effect files (.dll files) try to load thru fire wall software? what is the purpose for that?

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 4:03 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Do you mean there are DSP effects for Atomix which try to connect or download something to/from the internet? Or do I misunderstand you?

Greetz, ikke

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 6:50 pm
yes, this is how it appears. I may be mistaken.

Posted Sat 27 Apr 02 @ 2:26 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Which effect are you talking about? Or do they all try to?
Since Atomix 2.1, the prog always tries to connect to the net (to check for updates). Can't it be that?

Posted Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 1:49 pm
Exactly.. it checks for updates, sends your charts/playlists if that option is selected and also tries to verify the serial-number if you're running the full version.

..I have a personal firewall and haven't received any alerts from Atomix other than the startup-connection attempts mentioned above.

One way to stop this connection-attempts (= if you don't want a dialup-dialog every friggin time you start Atomix) you can edit you hosts-file (in 2000/NT it's located in C:WINNTsystem32driversetc) and add an entry that redirects autoupdate.atomixmp3.com to 127.0.0.1 (internal loopback/test-adress):
127.0.0.1 autoupdate.atomixmp3.com

..or you can just get a personal firewall set up and deny Atomix access to the internet.. but that's not as easy as editing the hosts-file :)

Posted Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 6:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)