Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem........

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I bought two 3d SB, My question is how i install the both of them?

my computer recognize one of them.
maybe it's problem in the preformances of my computer (irq)

How i solve it?

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 10:08 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
to my knowledge, 2 SB's are not supported in one machine... not supported meaning creative doesnt asure you it'll work, and they could really care less if it does or doesnt.

thus.. the drivers were never tested to support that config and it may be flakey.

try installing one... get it all working and all.. then install the second (physically) .. rather than just dropping them both in at the same time.

also, try putting them in various slots - sometimes this helps with multiple device issues.

-nate

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 11:57 pm
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
See related post in general discussion

STU

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 1:19 am
I tried to do this also a while ago, and many people told me that there is a setting you might have in the system bios that you change to enable two soundcards. Some computers can handle two soundcards, and some cant. If I were you, I would return both, and get one 3d soundblaster live soundcard (or if both are 3d, return 1). You can hook all you equipment up to the 3d without a problem.

-MixMasterMatt

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 12:50 pm
Sorry, I forgot you have two 3d's. Just return one 3d soundcard, and use one 3d soundcard.

-MixMasterMatt

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 12:51 pm
Thank's guys.....

i think i would call some one hwo have two s.b in his computer,
cause when i want to mix two sets i need to hear the song for the corect position.
however, thank's for trying!!!

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 5:44 pm
i've got 2 soundblaster pci64 in my pc but one of them is pci64v so they can work together.ihaven't come accross with any trouble.i think you can change one of your sound cards irq and use them alltogether

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 7:22 pm
One 3d will work for what you need!

-MixMasterMatt

Posted Sat 27 Apr 02 @ 3:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)