Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Joint Streo or Stere when I ripp a CD???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ciskoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Which is the best: Audiocatalyst or cd'n'go for ripping(?) CD (to transform a CD audio to mp3).

In the options I can choose beetwen Stereo and Joint Stereo.
Is there a difference????

So what do you think about the best algorithm of compression???
I must prefer LameDLL or other????
Which of these Atomix prefer to works great????

Very Thanks
Francesco

Posted Sat 13 Apr 02 @ 12:28 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Niether. Use Exact Audio Copy (EAC)

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

And use Lame to compress the wavs into mp3. Use regular Joint Stereo, NOT Forced Joint Stereo, only if your encoding at bitrates higher then 160. Also, set a lowpass filter of around 19.5. This will allow Lame to allocate more bits for the audiable range. Use a q (Quality) setting of 0 as well.

Atomix 1.12 had trouble displaying the correct time of the file when I used VBR when encoding the mp3 file. I dont know if it still does that, but it doesn't matter since I encode everything @ 320kbps.

And if you trade alot, do others a favor by encoding at bit rates higher then 190. Theres nothing worse then finding a mp3 you've been looking for a long time, and its encoded @ 128kbps and every single stereo frame is full of warble and tin-ny highs. 128 is NOT cd quality. 190 is near cd quality, with 320 being almost archive quality.

Grimm

Posted Sat 13 Apr 02 @ 3:07 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Use regular Joint Stereo, NOT Forced Joint Stereo, only if
your encoding at bitrates higher then 160.

That sould be use Joint Stereo (NOT Forced Joint Stereo) and any bitrate 160 or below. If higher, either use Normal Stereo, or Joint Stereo (again, NOT Forced JS).

But Normal Stereo sould really be left for 320 bitrates.

Posted Sat 13 Apr 02 @ 3:10 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
Yikes. anything faster than 192 is pure overkill, IMHO.

-nate

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 12:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)