Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Audio-CDs don't work

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

I have downloaded Trial 2.1
When I input an Audio-CD, it shows the CDA-Files.
But I cannot load them in AtomixMP3 :-(
It shows "Cannot read MP3-File".

Who could help?

Running Win98se with 2x Plextor-Drives on IDE.
Athlon 1333, 2x40gb RAID

Posted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 7:29 pm
I just have realized that this problem is only with my Plextor 16x writer.

with my Pioneer DVD it works !

So: BUGS WITH PLEXTOR !!!!!!!!!

Posted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 8:44 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
No. Normally only one of your CD players (your DVD player in this case) is connected to your soundcard (with a little cable) and only players connected to your soundcard can (normally) play .cda files.

Posted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 12:29 pm
crundlePRO InfinityMember since 2003
tried that on mine ikke and you are correct, only one drive is normally connected to the soundcard it would seem....

Posted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 1:24 pm
Normal soundcards only have one CD-station input, only very professional, rare and expensive models have more than one input.

Posted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 2:40 pm
Sorry to tell ya, but you are writing the biggest SHIT I have ever read.

AtomixMP3 reads the CD-Audio DIGTALLY through the IDE-Stream and NOT !!! the analog-way through the soundcard.
I have NEVER connected any of my 3 drives to my soundcard.

Like BPM-Studio and WinAMP (with special plugin) it reads it digitally ... that is why the time-stretching and the multi-track-reading works.

LoL ... it is very funny to read unprofessional posts ...

This is a bug of AtomixMP3 because with 2 Pioneer-DVD Drives it works ... whenever a Plextor-Writer (16x) is connected, it just shows CDA.

Posted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 5:00 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have used my cd-rom even though it wasn't hooked to the sound card. AND, the last 3 sound cards I have cought had onboard plugs for 1 cd player, and an aux input, where you would plug in the 2nd cd-rom. In fact the 3rd one I just bought for my sons computer, actually had a 3rd onboard internal input. It was $29.99.

Posted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 5:56 pm
Never seen any of these

Posted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 6:18 pm
you see ... this is a bug of AtomixMP3 with Plextor ...

Plextor reads Audio "too fast" ... normally 18-30x speed.

I think that is the problem ... or a problem with my ASPI ... but it is the latest (Version 4.70)

= this is Fsound b.t.w.

Posted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 9:23 pm
I really don`t know if the trial version works fine. But i`m using the 2.1 full version and it`s making music skips when i`m using audio cd`s. I have 2 Asus cd rom IDE drives and when i`m playing a track in the Atomix`s right deck from my 1st drive with audio cd, it goes to skip. It really happens when i insert the other one cd into my other drive and right after drag a music into the Atomix`s left deck, the song that`s already playing in another drive go looping until Atomix reeds the new audio track. I think Atomix`s internal buffer can`t support mixing 2 audio tracks at same time without skipping one of the tracks.

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 7:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)