Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Avs visual plug and double screen (monitor and TV) with a radeon Ve

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi , i'm a french user of atomix, so i beg u re pardon for my bad english, i hope u will understand me....

i want to use the visual effect of winamp who's call AVS on a second screen (a tv), i want to use it on the overlay mode, so he only want to work on the 1st monitor, not on the second (the tv), i use the extention of screen for have something on the tv (a second desk on the tv).

I can't use atomix screen on the tv because the resolution is very bad (i can't read the title of the mp3).

i Have a Ati Radeon Ve, My os is winxp or win 98 only for atomix (multiboot, and atomix work very better on 98).

Did Some one try to do that, and did some one make work itfind?

Did some one had a tips to give me ?

Nico aka Dj Morris

Posted Sun 07 Apr 02 @ 8:58 pm
Hiya peeps!

I got inspired by this post as I thought "Hell, that can't be too hard with the new AVS-plugin" and got to work and I did it!!!

After some adjustments though:
*winampvis.dll must be placed in the AtomixMP3Visuals-folder.

*The Winamp-plugins you want to run obviously has to be correctly installed so that Winamp finds them the normal way (no plugins with external programs I quess, haven't tested that too much thoug)

*If you get an error when starting the Winamp-wrapper from Atomix that says lame_enc.dll can't be found in [...list of paths...]:
just copy it from C:program fileswinamp to one of the mentioned paths.
C:program fileswinampplugins was in that list of paths for me and I just placed a copy of lame_enc.dll there and that solved most problems with the Winamp-wrapper.

Now it gets audioinput and beatdetection but tracktitles aren't displayed and unfortunately I've found that the AVS-plugin seems to give atomixmp3.exe a real hell every now and then as atomix.mp3 has crashed three times during the last hour of testing.
(I just downloaded new AVS-presets ("ONE" by danjoe) and had to try them out :o)

I EVEN got the overlay-mode in AVS to work properly for several few minutes w/o problems:
make your AVS-window as small as possible to avoid lagging visuals or use the "Dock in config"-function (it gave me a perfect frame-rate) and then activate overlay-mode under Settings - Display (NOT Fullscreen, way to demanding to handle that and Atomix at once).
Voila, the visuals from AVS now shows up on your secondary display (if you have one).

I love it!!!

(I've been whatching the TV too much though... turn the TV away from your PC if you want to concentrate on the mixing cause it's a real beauty having Atomix on your screen and AVS on your TV ;o)

Posted Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 12:38 am
I just realized two things:

1. it's half past midnight here and I'm going to work in about 5-6 hours.. need some sleep (sorry for the typeos and the backslashes that somehow disappeared when copying this from my comment on the wrapper :)

2. Those crashes SEEM to happen if you start the wrapper+AVS, then start a tune and let Atomix stay silent after that one... and when you load and play a new song the whole kit crashes due to some error in atomixmp3.exe (or one of it's components/plugins which probably includes the wrapper and AVS as well)... could be some issue with the idle-time cause works fine if you start a track, let it end and start a newly loaded track a few seconds after that... or it MIGHT be my system..I've only tested this for a few hours :o)

Posted Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 12:48 am
Don't works on the second view (the tv) !

does any one have another tips ?

Nico

Posted Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 12:43 pm
OK i have find the solution !

The 2nd screen is on 640*480 and i have make the window with the avs on the same size, with double pixiling (in windowed mode). it's so cool !

Thanx for u're help

Nico

Posted Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 3:23 pm
It sure was... but as stupid as I am sometimes I updated the drivers for med gForce2 MX-card and now it wouln't work anymore... I activate Overlay-mode and NOTHING happens...

It sure was cool though.. to bad I don't have the old drivers to revert to :oP

...and the moral of this story: if it ain't broke, don't fix it :o)

Posted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 12:06 am
I'm using 2 sound cards and the winamp visual plugin, my problem is the visual is only detecting audio from one sound card--one side of the player.is there a setting or a fix out there for this ? DJRJ.

Posted Mon 03 Jun 02 @ 9:04 am
This topic got me thinking...I think it might be possible but i'm not an expert on the subject on the having two monitors with one computer or something like it. Can I have the Atomix player run on one screen and the visual plugin on the other? If this is possible, what hardware do you recommend?

It would be great to have the visual projected on a wall or movie screen while the music is playing. A instant light show more like it!

What do you think? is it possible?

Posted Fri 23 May 03 @ 1:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)