Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skipping problem in 2.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MikeyHome userMember since 2001
Hi, I've noticed several people experiencing skipping. I have occasional skipping too. my specs are:

v2.1 Full Version
Dell Laptop PIII 900
256MB ram
20GB HD
WinXP Home
at least 1GB free for virtual memory
no programs running in the background

I've noticed that the skipping occurs whenever there is a load on the hard drive. I've defragmented my drives, still the same problem. Usually happens when both decks are playing. I noticed that in v2.0 the visual display sometimes lagged, but I never had the audio skipping. The visual is worse with v2.1 and as it travels from right to left it seems a bit jerky.

If i'm playing one song and previewing another in the headphones, and i'm searching through the song for a cue point, the song playing in the speakers sometimes skips. But also the song often skips when i'm not doing anything.

i've done everything possible to reduce the cpu and video card load. i've disabled scratching, eq, the various winxp visual effects, etc. i have the latest version of directx, the latest sound card drivers etc.

pls help

Mike

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 1:34 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
try the void skin to see if the problem comes from the skin displayed

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 5:09 pm
Hey fellow, go to advanced audio properties from windows and try to use various combinations of hardware acceleration from audio. I`ve solved my skip problem setting the basic hardware acceleration and standard sample rate.

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 7:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)