Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: AtomixMP3 continually using lots of CPU time - even when idle!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings,

I notice in the task manager (windows xp) that AtomixMP3 is *always* using large amounts of CPU time, even when idle.

With nothing loaded and atomix just sitting there, it'll chew 40-50% of my CPU even though it's not doing a thing.

Is this normal?

the system in question is:
Athlon XP 1700+ / WinXP / AtomixMP3 2.1 / Creative Sound

-nate

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 12:18 am
Well .... that doesn't sound right, but I can take your word for it. Even though it takes up resources like that .... with a blazing computer like yours, you should not have anything to worry about. I have a Duron 800 at home ... when I get there (I am @ school right now) I will run with task manager with Atomix idle.

-- Dave --

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 1:09 am
nateHome userMember since 2001
it sure doesnt look right, 40-50% of an AMD 1700+ is a LOT of processing power! hehe

-nate

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 8:03 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I tried the same thing a long time ago when I was trying to help fix the scroll bug. The only time I noticed Atomix really chew up the cpu time was when I was scrolling through playlists. At idle Atomix was only requirin about 2-3%.

My specs are PII 550mhz 192mb ram win XP Pro onboard audio
on my laptop.

DJ Homeboy

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 10:37 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This is real but there is not any problem when mixing songs. I use laptop 475Mzh 192 Mb ram and i see in Norton utilities that atomix use alot the cpu (about 95%, 15% more than version 2.0 and never have skiping problems. But in Athlon 1700 50% cpu using??? Check if others programs run under atomixmp3, like antivirus.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 11:32 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This is real but there is not any problem when mixing songs. I use laptop 475Mzh 192 Mb ram and i see in Norton utilities that atomix use alot the cpu (about 95%, 15% more than version 2.0 and never have skiping problems. But in Athlon 1700 50% cpu using??? Check if others programs run under atomixmp3, like antivirus.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 11:32 pm
well, according to task manager the utilization is coming from atomixmp3 itself - and there is no way for a process to run as a child of atomixmp3, without being displayed.

I installed 2.1 on a machine here at work and it doesnt do it - I will do some more troubleshooting tonight and try to figure out why.

If anyone else see's utilization high at idle from atomixmp3 please post your system config... Hopefully i'll be able to find the root cause.

-nate

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 11:39 pm
karelHome userMember since 2002
the problem(is it a problem or a feature? heh) is reproducable here. CPU utilization varies with the skin.

default skin - ~10%
Chaninja skin - ~40%

on a PIII600 , win XP, atomixmp3 v2.1

- Karel

Posted Fri 05 Apr 02 @ 12:18 pm
hmm.. i notice the same thing - on one of my computers, a P3-1gig, it spins about 25% with the JN Classic skin and only 8-10% with the default (2.1) skin

interesting - this does seem to have something to do with skins!

-nate

Posted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 12:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)