Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: major problem with 2.1 and win 2k

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

okay, i've had win98 SE on my laptop for a while now and both 2.0 and 2.1 worked just fine. today i upgraded to win 2k, installed 2.1, and then right after i entered the serial i got a popup with "program error, generating error log" or something equivalent to that, and then shut down. i've tried reinstalling, a few times. and the same thing keeps happening. i don't have xp so this is my only option.

anyone had similar problems or know what the problem might be? sorry, if a post like this had been made before. but i just really need some help

Posted Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 9:58 am
Are you positive that you have entered in the serial correctly ?

I have installed 2.1 on 2000 and has worked fine.

Posted Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 4:43 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Isn't there a file called "error.log" in your Atomix root dir? If so, you could post it here so we could try to extract the problem out of it?

Posted Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 5:26 pm
hey ikke, thanks. i looked super hard and i couldn't find a log basically of any type for atomix. the only thing even remotely close was the install file. i did an exhaustive system search as well. all i can do is keep searching i guess. that is weird though, if i get an error message saying that it's creating an error log shouldn't it actually be there?! strange...

Posted Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 9:57 pm
i double checked the serial too

Posted Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 9:58 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Strange. Try to mail to the support team...

Posted Sat 30 Mar 02 @ 10:18 am
yeah it is really weird. i mailed the support team.. hopefully i get a response. i know my laptop is somewhat jacked up but when you don't have the money for a new one you just don't have it

Posted Sun 31 Mar 02 @ 10:18 am
generating error log is a win2k thing. Go to your Event Viewer, and application log, you will see why you get this error. nt is good

Posted Sun 31 Mar 02 @ 11:11 pm
cool, thanks dude. i don't know squat about win2k yet. i'll def go check that out. thanks for the info

Posted Sun 31 Mar 02 @ 11:22 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
maybe you should try doing a fresh install of both Win2K and AtomixMP3 2.1. Make sure you install the latest sound drivers (for your soundboard) and DirectX 8.1 also.

Upgrades can be funky.

-nate

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 8:58 pm
yeah i was just thinking about that the other day. I didn't have the latest direct x installed. could be the drivers as well. i'm also gonna check out that event viewer. i am actually going to do a fresh install of both. thanks to all you guys for your suggestions.

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 2:18 am
have you installed Service Pack 2 for windows 2000? i know for a fact that on windows 2000 systems with no service pack updates, atomix will require that you enter the serial each time you start it... my guess is this might also be another cause...

u can get service pack 2 from microsoft.com

good luck..

Posted Thu 18 Apr 02 @ 7:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)