Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: major skipping problem in atomixmp3 v2.1 !!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

first i wanna say that i have been waiting for very long time for this update and some of the new features are really nice.
now, i used it first time yesterday night (friday) after checking it for few minutes and playing with it, BUT, in the middle of the night i heard very distinct skippings...
almost every in every song, and many times arround 4-5 times per song, if it helps i when it skipped i also so the rythem bar going back and then forward... anyway i really missed v2.0 yesterday but i removed it and it was very very unpleasent experience...

i've tried the atomix on 2 computers:

P3-850, 100x3GB, 512MB VOODOO3, SB LIVE! & W2K

P3-733 40GB, 256MB, VOODOO3, SB LIVE! & W2K

both sharing the same problem...

well please look into it, white i'll re-install v2.0 ... :(

thanks in advance

Guy

Posted Sat 23 Mar 02 @ 10:13 am
Oh, few other details:

1. i never saw this problem not with 1.12 / 2.0

2. no programs are in memory

3. if it matters i am using direct-x 8.1

4. what does the '3d software' option do? (beside making this worse....)

5. i am using both out-channels (external mixer)

if u guys need anymore info please email me:

boyangu@bigfoot.com

Guy

Posted Sat 23 Mar 02 @ 3:31 pm
I once had the same problem and that was caused by combination of a VIA chipset MB , SBlive drivers & Win2K... now with the newest SBLive drivers from creative the problem was solved... maybe this can help you out ???

Posted Mon 25 Mar 02 @ 4:39 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
I'll bet it's the SB drivers.

go to www.creative.com and grab the newest SB Live! drivers, or get a better soundboard (I despise SB's)

-nate

Posted Wed 27 Mar 02 @ 8:35 pm
ShaggyTHome userMember since 2001
I'm having the same problem, only I have the latest SB live drivers (win2k, celo800, 256ram). It basically renders the program unusable for recording or live mixes, as it sound terrible when it occurs.

I just installed the sblive mp3 card. Could it still be the car? Is it common to have problems with sb? If so, what is the reccomended card for atomix?

Posted Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 5:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)