Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: This is getting rediculous... HELP!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ZascarHome userMember since 2001
ok, I love Atomix, and a while ago I bough it, because I wanted to be able to use my headphones as well as my speakers when mixing. However I cannot do it.

I have a "Creative SB Live Value (WDM)" soundcard and a Botson digital speaker system. (It is set to 'Digital output' in Audio properties... if I want to use headphones, I have to untick this option)

At the back of the soundcard, there are 4 coloured ports, with little pictures beside each one. From right to left they are as follows:

Blue: Picture looks to be 'Input'
Red: Microphone
Green: Output **See Below**
Black: Output? Same picture as Green

(**The green port is where I plug in my speakers. (I think) it is a digital cable, as it plugs into my subwoofer, the end is black, and on the subwoofer it says "Digital In". There is then a sperate cable that goes to the speakers.)

I have done all the stuff like change it to Quadraphonic in the sound options etc, however the only thing I have not done if find some software callled "LiveWire"??? I could not find it, but could anyone post a link? Would this make a difference anyway? What does LiveWire do? I have downloaded the latest DirectX and the latest sound card drivers, and still nothing!

Please help!!!

Thanks.

Posted Tue 19 Mar 02 @ 6:05 pm
2freakyHome userMember since 2002
OK, maybe this helps. If you have an external mixer you'll be able to port the green and black outputs to the mixer (green for the left table and black for the right) and back into the pc to record the mix via the blue. Connect the mixer to your Speaker System and voila. Headphone's no problem, use the mixer. Lifewire is just another port, as the USB port, but faster I think.

Posted Tue 19 Mar 02 @ 7:25 pm
ZascarHome userMember since 2001
No, I don't have a mixer... Any other suggestions?

Posted Wed 20 Mar 02 @ 1:34 am
That's a coincidence ! I have Logitech SoundMan Xtrusio Speakers that have digital inputs, ones that I can't use. I was considering upgrading to a SB Live! card, so I can use the digital feed. But the first thing that came to mind was whether atomix would still function OK ?

I have no idea how you would go about using headphones ? You would have to get a responce from any of the forum mods, or the Stephane (The master himself).

As for LiveWire, it is a Broadcaster that provides easy searching for RealAudio and RealVideo, MP3-Shoutcast, Xing StreamWorks Player, and Microsoft Netshow audio and video transmissions on the Internet. So this is not related to your problem.

-- Dave --

Posted Wed 20 Mar 02 @ 4:13 am
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Perhaps not LiveWire but Liveware, the Creative SB Live! software?

www.soundblaster.com has everything you need....

Posted Thu 21 Mar 02 @ 11:17 pm
chiqoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
try to put in the green port your speakers and in the black your headphones. If the digital output is checked normaly you should hear only from headphones and if unchecked from both. Test it.

Posted Sat 23 Mar 02 @ 10:25 am
try to put in the green port your speakers and in the black
your headphones. If the digital output is checked normaly
you should hear only from headphones and if unchecked
from both. Test it.

No, this doesn't work... I can only get sound the followuing ways:

1) If the digital output is On, and the Speakers are connected through the green Port.

2) If the digital output is Off, and the Headphones are connected through the green Port.

Any other suggestions?

Posted Wed 27 Mar 02 @ 2:17 pm
chiqoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
do you have the Demo version??? Is so, you cant hear from headphones and only one output works in demo version. Buy the full version and you'll be able to share the fun of atomix with us.

Posted Wed 27 Mar 02 @ 6:51 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
end the madness. boycott 3D and soundblaster.

-nate

Posted Wed 27 Mar 02 @ 8:44 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Puuuuuh, soundcard junky! LOL

I use the SB Live in 3D mode without probs! Did you already set your card in "4 speakers" mode in creative´s Audio HQ?

You´ll find it in the creative folder in the start menu. The digital sound has to be unchecked!

Posted Thu 28 Mar 02 @ 6:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)