Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Internal Database Corruption

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Brian CHome userMember since 2001
Perhaps I'm just unlucky but my internal database corrupts every few days. I'm sensible and usually have a backup, however what happened at the weekend has left me confused.

I was using Atomix and changed quite a few comments, closed Atomix, restarted Atomix and it was fine. Closed Atomix again and backed up the internal database. Opened Atomix and it was fine then shut down the computer.

Next day I tried to start Atomix and it claimed the internal database was corrupted. No prob I thought, restored the backup...... argggh that's also corrupted, now I've lost all my comments for over a year.

I'm a computer techie and can't understand how Atomix was still working perfectly after taking a backup yet the backup was corrupted, I'm wondering if shutting down windows had any effect.

I'm now going to start a cascade system of backups but I've 2 questions.

1. Why is it so prone to corruption?

2. When is the best time to backup the database?

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 02 @ 1:06 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In v1.2 my database was always corrupted! But in 2.0 I dont have any problem.- The only thing: Why dont you make 2 differents backups??? In 2 differents moments and in 2 differents folders.-

Posted Tue 19 Mar 02 @ 6:39 pm
I'm the opposite. No probs with V1.2 but V2 is a nightmare.

I have started taking different backups, that's what I meant by 'cascade'. (overwriting oldest with newer and newer with newest etc)

I discovered I can cause the database to go corrupted by changing a comment on a certain track. If I change the comment or even delete the comment when I restart Atomix the database is corrupted.

I've got round that by renaming the track slightly and putting in a new comment.

Thanks.

Posted Wed 20 Mar 02 @ 10:33 am
Well, i hope I'm not tempting fate but it hasn't gone corrupted since upgrading to V2.1 :)

Brian C

Posted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 5:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)