Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 2 keybords?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

can i connect 2 keybords so to have full access to the both of the deck with the same leters?

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 2:58 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Normally Windows (well, in fact it's you BIOS) doesn't supports 2 keyboards.

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 2:59 pm
Technically speaking you can use several USB keyboards, but they are all recognized as one single keyboard by the application, i.e. an application cannot differentiate whether you pressed "A" on keyboard1 or on keyboard2, all it knows is that you pressed "A".

Your questions seems strange, in the sense that you can associate different shortcut keys for the 2 decks: e.g. key "A" for function1 on deck 1 and key "B" for function2 on deck 2.

So one keyboard should be sufficient to address your needs.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 9:09 pm
This is what I am working on now:

I have a second keyboard (One that I use with Atomix ONLY). I have labeled (using plain white stickers printed out on my printer) each key with all the shortcuts and what each key's function is.

This way, I control virtually EVERYTHING from my keyboard without forgetting which shortcut is which !!!!

I should take a picture and show you !

-- Dave --

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 10:11 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Thats exactly what I have done too. Except I used my original keyboard. Hey trip how did you get those stickers to stay in place I have to keep replacing them.

DJ Homeboy

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 10:15 pm
I use the ordinary AVERY paper ones like you would use on an envelope .... they stay on OK except they are a bitch and a half to take off. I have to use a solvent to take off the goop.

P.S - What is your proper email ?

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 10:38 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
homeboy26@sympatico.ca

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 11:35 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
I found something interesting which might be useful to people designing their own hardware controllers. Windows supports "SerialKey" devices through the Accessibility Options control panel. These can be recognized as actual different keys by an application I think... but I dont know where one would obtain a SerailKey device.

Posted Sat 16 Mar 02 @ 1:57 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is there any "layout" for a keyboard available on the net? If not, can someone create one? A simple copy or scan of a keyboard, where you can insert your signs or words for each shortcut and then print it out.

Posted Sun 17 Mar 02 @ 10:46 am
haha you guys are halarious! ... infact, they should make atomix keyboards!! YEAH!!! ...with like a little jog wheel with hardware controlers etc. Rofl! ...Money $$$!

Posted Tue 19 Mar 02 @ 6:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)