Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cmedia 8738 3D card...doesn't work in external mixer mode!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a cmedia CMI8738 3D card, and I'm using atomixmp3 v2.0, full version, on win2k.

I tried setting windows to use quadrophonic speakers, and in the mixer, set the sound card to 4 speaker mode.

Also in atomixmp3, I set it for 3D sound card, and the icon for the external mixer, and also set crossfader on full (and in the middle).

However, when I start playing songs, instead of one song playing on the front speaker outs and the other song playing on the rear speaker outs, I hear BOTH songs mixed together on both front and back!

As in, the sound coming from the front speakers is exactly the same as the sound in the rear, and moreover, when I move the crossfader left and right, the songs get faded respectively to the one on the left deck or right.

What the heck is wrong? Can someone with a cmedia 3D card help out? Everything works fine if I use dual sound cards, but this 3D thing is going wacky!

Posted Tue 12 Mar 02 @ 9:34 am
Yeah I got the same problem whith my Forte Media FM801......
I tried everything....but no hope.
Guess the option was designed to work on the "big name" cards...such as Creative...and so on.
If anyone knows the answer please help!! Coz if I use dual sound cards, the quality of one card is better of the other so its very disturbing.

Posted Tue 12 Mar 02 @ 3:03 pm
I have the exact same card. I couldn't get 3-D mode to work until I fooled around with the mixer and speaker settings. You must set your speakers to 5.1, instead of 4-speaker.

This should work, since it did for me. And by the way, make sure you are using the updated drivers.

Let me know how this works !

Posted Tue 12 Mar 02 @ 3:56 pm
Darnit, that didn't seem to work.
Can you give more details about what settings you are using?

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 7:30 am
are you using crack ? looks like you have full version but not registered. i could be wrong.

bye,

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 4:30 pm
I know the feeling. Do you have the software that came with the soundcard installed (Multi-Channel Audio demo, Mixer, etc) ? I thought the drivers that XP had would be good enough, but I got both outputs working until I installed the software. If you don't have the software CD, lemme know and I'll give you a link where you can download the best and latest drivers (I am @ school right now and don't have the link).

Once you have the software installed keep farting around with it, and let me know again how everything goes.

-- Dave --

Posted Wed 13 Mar 02 @ 8:53 pm
thought so you are using crack! hope youre still having probs,

bye,

Posted Fri 15 Mar 02 @ 4:49 pm
Yeah i tried downloaded the newest drivers from the www.cmedia.com.tw site, along with mixer and everything, and that still didn't work.

Also, NO I am not using CRACK, I'm using the full version (to whoever that random guy was who just posted).

It works fine with dual soundcards (my other one is a sound blaster gold), its just this darn 3D one that doesnt work.....

Posted Sat 16 Mar 02 @ 12:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)