Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: He i wanne try a DSP/effect!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello again team ;-),
I wanne try a DSP/effect that is made by www.octimax.com.
In version 1.12 it was possible to do that, i think it's still possible with a little help from you.

This DSP/effect is a dynamics processor made for winamp, i wanne now if it works, that would solve my biggest problem with atomix.

I tested the dynamics on winamp and it did a good job!!.

Grtz,
DynamicSalva

Posted Fri 01 Mar 02 @ 9:05 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Since Atomix 2 you can't use Winamp effects anymore

Posted Sat 02 Mar 02 @ 12:51 pm
i think you are wrong, the Grandmaster probely nows a way to use a plugin.

Grtz.

Posted Sat 02 Mar 02 @ 1:06 pm
I could try to make a Winamp DSP plugin wraper, but let me first end my other projects...

Posted Sat 02 Mar 02 @ 1:07 pm
He Ikke my friend is using the same name on the net.

I understand you are dutch like me?, anyway i tried Octimax on the old 1.12 version, but it didn't do it's job like it did on winamp.

Maybe you now why?.

groetjes.

Posted Sat 02 Mar 02 @ 1:24 pm
Dit word dan een nederlandstalig onderonsje ... hehe ...
And indeed good dynamics are really needed!

Greetz, Dj T-Bone

Posted Sat 02 Mar 02 @ 3:16 pm
Some Winamp DSP effects aren't possible to use in Atomix (I think, but maybe I'm wrong) because (this is very technical) you have to call a sort of GetHeader function in the effect dll, and that function returns a handle (pointer) to the data structure in the effect DLL (so you can get the necessary information), but I studied the Winamp DSP SDK (I'd like to try to create a wrapper for Atomix), but I couldn't find a function to check how many effects are included in the DLL. So if your dyn. proc. wasn't at number one (in the order the DLL returns the handles to the necessary structs), it willn't work. I know this wasn't good said, and maybe what I say here isn't right because I didn't explain it well;), sorry for that.

Greetz, ikke

Posted Sat 02 Mar 02 @ 4:19 pm
your smart

Posted Sat 02 Mar 02 @ 11:06 pm
Damed, Ikke did his homework!!!???

Where do ikke and T-bone live in holland??
I am from Eindhoven.

De Groeten

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 10:41 am
I'm from Belgium, Ghent

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 12:21 pm
I had family living in Gent.

Ikke i wanne ask you, is it hard to build a expander/limiter in the software of atomixmp3?.
It seems you now a lot of software, i been searching for a long time now for a solution, because i wanne use atomix for a all puphase use in my bar.
i tried it before but it's not possible to let atomix automix, because of the big volume differences.

And what do you think of a button to load all the songs in the left list to the right, and a button to delete all the songs in the left list?? is it hard to make a option like that???.

Are the belgium bars using also the very populair digital music players with a touchscreen, in the Netherlands there are a zillion bars that use systems like that and it works great but you have no freedom in putting songs it works with a update that you receive every month, and it's exspensive to.
I believe if Atomixmp3 have sorted some miner problems in there software the can go on that market to, and they have one thing the rest don't haves that the autobeatmatch!!!!!.

grtz Salva

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 1:39 pm
i ment Ghent and a button to delete all songs in the right list, so whe don't have to use the Shift key. best is to get rit of the whole keyboard..

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 1:42 pm
About that delete button: you can't do that as a plugin. If this function will be included, the "grand master" will have to do that.
The expander/limiter: I can try to find an algorithm for that, but please give me some time. I'm working on other things now.

Greetz, ikke

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 2:53 pm
That would be great, but what is a algorithm??

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 2:58 pm
It's a mathematical function (DSP function (DSP=digital signal processing)) to process audio data.

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 3:31 pm
'Lo folks,

I'm working on a Dynamics Enhancer and Limiter plug-in.
Keep an eye on that download section ;-).

DJ Ikke and myself are also trying to get our act together on including a dialog box in the effects, which - if we get it to work - would allow you to use sliders to configure the effects yourselves.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

PS : ben ook Nederlandstalig, woon in Brussel (omgeving Halle/Tubeke)

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 3:52 pm
I'm almost there! (I mean the dialog box)

Greetz, ikke

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 4:20 pm

We've succeeded in adding a dialog box with slider control on the Highpass filter, and it works.

All that is left now is to solve a problem with the handle to the dialog boxes when activating the effect on both decks (left & right).

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 7:34 pm
You mean the atomixmp3 download section?, are you a team member?.

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 10:11 pm
I see what you mean but what is the difference between the two limiters, if its going to be technical please in dutch writing.

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 10:15 pm
95%