Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ***How come I cant play cd's***??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Everytime i put a cd in ... and run atomix ... it wont scan the cd???...

Posted Sun 24 Feb 02 @ 8:46 am
Do you mean an audio CD, or a CD with MP3's? If you are trying to play an audio CD with Atomix, then that's your problem. Atomix in it's current version (v2) does NOT play audio CD's. The next version (v2.1) however will. If you are having troubles with a CD of MP3 files, then it's a different matter. When you say 'it won't scan the cd', exactly what do you mean. Are you having a problem selecting the CD drive from the file browser, or are you attemping to use the 'Scan CD' function?

Cheers...
Swift

Posted Sun 24 Feb 02 @ 9:30 am
Well u just answered my question... its the problem with audio cd's...
SO i just have to wait till 2.1 comes out... and when is that by the way??..hehe

Posted Mon 25 Feb 02 @ 7:51 am
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
You should look for old posts that deals with this CD problem... It possible to run cd's in Atomix, only if you're running on Win9x and if you install a little dll... which converts in real-time cd's to wav. And wav is readable by Atomix !

Let me see, I'll look for this dll... By now I forgot its name

Slash

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 7:50 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes, that's it !! Just check out "cda2wav", on the winamp.com plugins section. When installed, your CD is viewed as directories that contains wav files, in different quality rates.

Just browse it in Atomix, and here we go again !! (Good config and powerfull Cd player required)

Slash

Posted Sun 03 Mar 02 @ 7:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)