Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with 2nd snd card ...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I bought a 2nd hand computer for dj purposes, ti's running win98 2nd edition and it has got 3 sound cards installed ... but for the moment i'm not using the third (it's a on board card but it's currently disabled in the BIOS). When I set up Atomixmp3 in dual sound card mode and assign my cards there's no problem ... deck1= Yamaha Ds-xg ... and deck2=Sounblaster AWE 64 Gold (ISA) ... now when i'm playing
a track in the second deck i can only get a frequency of 22khz instead of 44khz, with the first card there's no problem ...
I've installed all the latest drivers for the cards ...
Any help pleaz?

Greetz, Dj T-Bone

ps In Pcdj red it's exactly the same, only in BPM Studio both cards produce cd quality audio ...

Posted Sun 27 Jan 02 @ 6:20 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
I'm not shure about this, but maybe there's a problem with DirectX. Atomix uses the DirectX sound drivers and BPM Studio uses ASIO...

Greetz, ikke

Posted Sun 27 Jan 02 @ 6:28 pm
I'll try upgrading to latest Direct-X ... I let you know how it worked out ...
Meanwhile if anyone else knows a solution ... tell me pleaz ;-)
Greetz, Dj T-bone

Posted Sun 27 Jan 02 @ 9:14 pm
new directx didn't help ... :( ...
If I buy a Creative labs SB 5,1 live player PCI would I be able to have 2 channels?
Greetz, Dj T-Bone

Posted Mon 28 Jan 02 @ 4:49 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Well, in fact, is DirectX enabled to work with your Yamaha card? Check the DirectX hardware comp. list!

Greetz, ikke

Posted Mon 28 Jan 02 @ 6:24 pm
The yamaha card produces dc qaulity but the soundblaster doesn't ... would myt eralier post about the sounblaster live be a solution?
Greetz, Dj T-Bone

Posted Mon 28 Jan 02 @ 9:41 pm
Hi DJ T-Bone,

In response to your eariler question, yes, getting an SB Live 5.1 would be a solution to your problem, as it has two stereo line-out connectors. It should work as expected with Atomix in 3D sound-card mode. The SB Live! cards don't exactly have a reputation for being quality sound cards, but none-the-less, should be adequate for the task at hand.

Cheers...
Swift

Posted Mon 28 Jan 02 @ 11:36 pm
Tnx swift! I'm getting the Sb live as soon as possible ... :-)
Greetz, Dj T-Bone

Posted Tue 29 Jan 02 @ 10:36 am
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003

A word of warning !!!

Hi there, just to let you know I have had problems with both the SB live card and the Audigy in 3d mode ...they work fine in
normal but in 3d the sound quality was appalling..

Resolution:

I fitted them BOTH...now they both work perfectly !!!

STU

Posted Tue 29 Jan 02 @ 11:09 am
Need one simple answer, when i have a Creative labs SB 5,1 live player PCI, can i hook atomixmp3 to my external mixer (2 seperate channels) ?
tnx in advance ...

Posted Tue 29 Jan 02 @ 11:49 am
When I switch the 2 cards ... Soundblaster AWE64 Gold on deck1 en the Yamaha card on deck 2, it's the yamaha that isn't producing cd quality audio ...
then i reenabled my crappy AC97 integrated sound card and uses this as second card and it was the same ... so it is not a sound card related problem i think ...
i'll just get that Sblive ... and hope it works ...
Greetz, Dj T-Bone

Posted Tue 29 Jan 02 @ 3:57 pm
Yes, with an SB Live 5.1 you can connect the separate channels to an external mixer.

Cheers...
Swift

Posted Tue 29 Jan 02 @ 11:23 pm
Hey I have SB Live! Value and before my sound was skipping but when i updated drivers it was fine. before that i used awe 64 gold on ISA and it was hard to mix becasue the song was a bit delayed comming to the earphones.

Posted Thu 31 Jan 02 @ 11:58 pm
cheep comp

Posted Sun 03 Feb 02 @ 4:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)