Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: emi 2/6 usb soundcard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Any chance of getting a driver that will allow me to output BOTH players to FOUR of the available channels on this card? It works fine for a single stereo pair but I still must use the original in my laptop for the second player.

Mike

Posted Sun 27 Jan 02 @ 1:32 am
If it (the origional) is a "hardwired" card attached to your motherboard, you may have to disable the "origional" soundcard. You may also have to disable it in your BIOS and then configure your system to use only the new 3-d surround card.

Hope this helps.

Keep Mixin'
Ronny582

Posted Sun 27 Jan 02 @ 3:08 am
what kind of audio card r u usin now?if u are using an external sound card with 4 channels u have to disable the sound card that on ur laptop and set up atomix for the external sound card.but i am using an usb audio converter plugged into my laptop so i haven't got any problem i can use both of my sound cards

Posted Sun 27 Jan 02 @ 1:27 pm
Mike,
I already posted this question. There's no hope for you. Emagic told me that there are no drivers available to make the EMI a virtual multiple soundcard. I quote "To make use of all the EMI outputs you'll have to use software which makes use of ASIO drivers or interleaved multichannel MME drivers". I also understood that the drivers used for playing music in Atomix do no fit for this purpose (unlike the soundblasters front and rear channels). Why I do not know, it goes beyond my knowledge. I only hope that there are more users like U&me so maybe the atomix team will provide a solution in the future.....

LTM

Posted Tue 29 Jan 02 @ 8:23 pm
Thanks LTM, I looked up your original post. I figured that the emi would not fully run on the driver we have but hoped there might be another available from atomix. Maybe in a future release. It would sure be nice to utilize the other channels on the card. As you are aware the sound is great!
Thanks to everyone else too for suggestions.

Mike

Posted Fri 01 Feb 02 @ 7:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)