Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skipping While Recording!! *HELP!!* =(

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, i searched back into the forums, and found out that Atomix Version 2 has problems with skipping while recording.

Here is my system specs....

AMD 850 MHZ Tbird Processor.
MSI KT266 Pro 2 RU
256MB Crucial DDR Ram
Windows 2000 W/ Service Pack 2
Via 4 N 1's. (Most Current Version)
SB Live X-Gamer (Original SB Live, NOT 5.1)
Onboard AC97 Sound Card.
Upgraded to DX 8.1

And at the end, i still get skips no matter what i do. I tried to use that external program like Wav REc, but it records everything that i do. For example, when i try to move the beat on the other mp3 that i am trying to blend in to, it records that.

Any help is greatly appricited.

I really want to make my mix, but the skipping is horrible, and ruins my set.

thanks in advance.

Posted Mon 21 Jan 02 @ 5:44 am
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Tried a different sound card? AC97 Onboard sound is absolutely horrid, I'm forced to use it for my second channel for the time being and I hate it.

Posted Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 2:15 am
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
I should have actually read your specs better, you do have an SB Live in there, LOL :D

I don't know then... what mode are you mixing in? External mixer, software mode, hardware mode, monitoring with headphones?

Posted Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 2:16 am
I am in software mode because thats the only mode i can record in, and thats the only mode i can use the treble, bass and mid knobs.

Also, i use the AC97 sound card as my monitor. I monitor with headphones on that soundcard, and then use my regular speakers to output sound.

Posted Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 10:01 am
change the colour settings to 16 maybe will help

Posted Mon 28 Jan 02 @ 4:16 am
I have the same problem while mixing drum and bass - you can actually see the beat graphic skip over in the beatmatch window - drives me crazy when you mix 2 songs perfectly and upon test listening the mix you hear a skip! my specs are right up there and I still get it ALL the time...

P2 933 mhz
1 GB SDRAM
60GB drive
SB 5.1
Win98

HELP!

Posted Wed 13 Feb 02 @ 10:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)