Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

my atomix keeps skipping when im mixing and playing tracks. i have a creative sb live soundcard or something like that. i have gone to options in atomix and sound config and ive had it on the creative sb live option and ive tried it on primary sound driver but it still skips. i also have it on soft mode so i can record my mix.
can any 1 help me so i can stop it skipping
cheers in advance

Posted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 7:52 pm
Go to your SB Setup in "AudioHQ" Disable dolby digital output, also make sure you have the proper speake configuration. Make sure your Hard drive is defragmented. Make sure that you have no backgroud programs running (Anti-virus, etc.) Run Atomix on a clean boot.

Keep mixin'
ronny582

Posted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 2:21 am
Glad you mentioned defragmenting, as I have a problem with it; my drive is still heavily fragmented even after running disk defragmenter, why could this be?

For instance, I can defragment, restart the computer, run defrag again and it will tell me my drive needs defragmenting. The visual display shows that the drive has only been slightly improved after a defrag. Ideas?

Posted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 1:59 pm
Well, it could be due to a number of reasons, make sure you have virus software turned OFF while defragging...Also, it could mean your hard drive is on its way out! This is called head drift. It means that your write and read heads are "drifting" as they process the information. How long have you had your computer? Hope this info helps!

Keep mixin'
Ronny582

Posted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 10:57 pm
crundlePRO InfinityMember since 2003
you probably know this already, but switch off screensavers and everything unneccesary when you are defragging (or using atomix)...

hope this helps you

matt

Posted Fri 18 Jan 02 @ 11:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)