Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: winamp plugin support? or not?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I'm trying to determine if AtomixMP3 is worth buying to use as an internet radio broadcasting application. Can someone please tell me if the following is possible:

Run AtomixMP3 as the player app. Let it run in Automix mode for a week at a time. Stream the MIXED output to the Shoutcast server app, using the DSP plugin for Winamp. Preserve the artist and song title information so that listeners know what they're hearing.

I'm getting conflicting information as to whether AtomixMP3 supports Winamp plugins or not. If so, how do I configure it? I could not find any information about this on the website or by poking around in the program.

I remember something about version one only allowing you to place effects on one desk or another, and it appears that despite feature requests, this is still the case in version two?

I've been trying to find software that will replace Winamp as the player app for my Internet radio station, but so far it's been a big waste of time.

Please advise,

Aaron Ross
aaron@dr-yo.com

Posted Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 9:52 pm
alreaHome userMember since 2003
Atomix is only compatible with winamp & sonic regarding visual plugin.

For the dsp, you need to plug the atomix output to winamp input, and then to use the dsp plugin on winamp. So, you can use atomix as the player, but you need this manip to use it as a broadcast application. For the moment, it is the only solution. Good luck!

Hope this helps, Adrien.

Posted Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 11:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)