Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Deleting Unwanted MP3's From Your Search Tab

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

a65reaHome userMember since 2001
In order to get all the bpm for each of my MP3's I performed the hard drive search for any MP3's. It picked up everythinng I wanted and then some. I use a soundblaster live sound card and it picked up the sample sounds or songs that came from my sound card. There's only 4 of them but I've tried highlighting them and deleting them, I've clicked on the delete cd button, yet still have no luck getting rid of them. Can someone till me how to remove these unwanted MP3's please? Thanks for your help.

Posted Sat 05 Jan 02 @ 7:41 pm
DJ JimHome userMember since 2003
Your still In the Search Mode. Click on the first button, which is the Audio Files Button. Go to the directory with your music files in it. It won't show your sound files, because there in another directory.

Posted Sat 05 Jan 02 @ 9:34 pm
a65reaHome userMember since 2001
Thanks for the advice but I still have a question for you or anyone else who reads this. I've clicked on the audio files button and am able to get just my MP3's that I want by finding them in my music folder. However, when I click on the search tab I still have all my MP3's that I do not want. How do I delete those? I will want to use the search tab for gigs since it will make it easier for me to find songs I want. And I do not want to keep my folder open during the gigs because of a large amount of songs, which could possibley lock up the software. Please help with this. Thanks.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 02 @ 4:16 am
DJ JimHome userMember since 2003
You can use Windows Explorer, go into the directory with the files you don't want, and delete them. Than go into Atomixmp3 and rescan your harddrive and they'll be gone.

I only use the Music Folders Browser because I have 16 folders of music divided into Genre, and years. That way I'm only looking in the style of music I want to play for the night. And not all of my music, which could take too long.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 02 @ 7:30 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can also right click on them and then delete them in AtomixMP3.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 02 @ 11:27 am
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Its all very well asking Atomix to rescan your hard drive for MP3s when you have a small amount of files...but I am currently holding about 4500 tracks and its still growing! If I ask atomix to do a BPM scan on all tracks it takes about 2 hours !!

I have brought this up in a past forum and i am hoping the team can give us a 'selective folder' hard drive scan in the update when it comes out !!

Cheers

STU

Posted Sun 06 Jan 02 @ 11:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)