Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can't get 3D card to work

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've got a CMI8738 onboard sound card (3D)with 2 stereo outputs. I can't get the one deck to play on the front and the other on rear. Everything comes out at front and rear. With an extra sound card everything works fine.(But wanna use only 1 soundcard) Can anyone help???

Posted Tue 25 Dec 01 @ 9:28 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Did you purchase the full version ?

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 5:50 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
And what OS is on your system?

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 10:35 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Is your soundcard good configured in Windows (is it configured as a 3d soundcard, nut just as a SB 16 bit compatible or something)?

Greetz, ikke

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 12:50 pm
I've got full version, Win98, P2-450, using original sound driver that came with card.
DJ_Jack

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 8:52 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Your soundcard must be set to "quadrophonic" in the windows system settings, you must have DirectX 8.1, and you must choose your driver and soundcard config in the sound config of AtomixMP3. All done?

Posted Thu 27 Dec 01 @ 9:26 am
i have same card and had same probs. i got w2k. make sure that your speakers are connected to out 1 the green one , and hphones to out2 the orange one. open the mixer and goto the S/PDIF option , make sure that in the output box, that only the sampling rate is selected. deselect the s/pdif box if there is a tick in it. in the input box deselect the 3 boxes . under them select format as "normal". then under that device should be set at S/PDIF IN #1. ALSO GO TO the speaker tab in the mixer and select 4 speaker. dont forget to hit the apply button. goto atomix config and select 3d card and speaker with headphones. they will be next to each other horizontally then. that should do it . from deanyoda@hotmail.com

Posted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 5:45 pm
you also need to open atomix first , then the mixer and set it to 4 speakers. you need to do this every time in order for atomix to work ok. whenever you start atomix it auto resets to 2 speaker mode, so you need to open the mixer while atomix is minimised and select 4 speaker mode , then hit the apply button. a patch would be good atomix or am i doing something wrong too.? deanyoda@hotmail.com

Posted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 8:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)