Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: EQ/Gain Distortion

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pazelHome userMember since 2000
Can somebody please help me?
Every time I increase the Gain, Bass, Mid or Treble the sound gets heavily distorted.
I've checked my soundcard configuration as wellas my speakers and everything lokks normal.
Any ideas?

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 10:44 pm
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
Its a software EQ and ur soundcard (well from my understanding) cannot boost gain or any eq frequencies like a hardware mixer can...... basically only use eqs to increase the eq's and gain very minimally and use to ur hearts content for killin 'em....

.::DJ2nV::.
I hope it helped, and if u dont like wat i said buy a Behringer DX500 mixer.... i have one, theyre very good

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 7:12 am
But how many do you increase the sliders?It's logic if u increase the sliders close to the maximum...I think that these sliders working in a logaritmic scale (like every mixer)...You should to increase little the sliders,if not you have ever the sound distorted...
I hope you understand what I mean...My english is bad because I'm an italian dj... :-)))
Dj P@lox

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 1:06 pm
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
i think he meant that if u dont put the sliders (faders, watever) right to the max you wont distord the sound....
im not quite sure

peace,
.::DJ2nV::.

Posted Mon 24 Dec 01 @ 12:58 am
pazelHome userMember since 2000
Thanks guys...
The only problem is that it gets distorted even if I slide it a little (mainly the Bass and the Gain).

Cheers.

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 9:08 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Really strange, I dont have such a problems, but I don't have a fast system or something...

Greetz, ikke

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 9:30 pm
Hi, I think you have your mp3s volume very high,because I have no problem with my mp3s...have you checked the audio card mixer?

Posted Thu 27 Dec 01 @ 8:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)