Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: is it essential????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

do you have to have 2 soundcards to use an external mixer?
if not howdo youlink one up i'm looking to buy a mixer

help greatfully received
:-)

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 9:36 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No it is not necessary. You can connect line out of computer sound card to line in of your mixer, BUT,
If you want stereo cue and play for each chanel yes you must have second sound card or 3d soundcard with 2 line out. There is a way, if you are in full atomix version, to spit player one to left fade and player two to right fade of your mixer. You must buy an adaptor for that but the sound will be mono and no stereo.

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 9:49 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Well, I've also got another question about this. When using 2 soundcards or a 3D card, to which channel are the samples sent? Or can you use a 3th soundcard for the samples?

Greetz, ikke

Posted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 4:13 pm
I would think that the samples are layed on top of both 'decks'. As when you hit a sample, it plays regaurdless of where the fader is, I think?

BoardaBoy.

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 8:49 am
P.S. What mixer are you getting, please tell me it's a DJM 600!

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 8:50 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No, you do not absolutely need 2 sound cards. Choose the 1 sound car, and the mixer in the sound configuration. Then use a splitter out of your sound card into 2 seperate channels on your mixer. This will give you 2 single channel mono outputs. Use the headphone output on the mixer to monitor the channel that is not playing to line up the mix. Or if you perfer, you can use a USB audio device. I use one made by Telex (think it was around 50 bucks). This will give you 2 seperate full stereo outputs. I haven't noticed any latency problems with this configuration on my laptop. And the sound quality is greatly improved from the split signal mono.

Good Luck,

Rick

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 7:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)