Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skipping problems in ver 2.0, please assist me thks!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

choonzHome userMember since 2001
I have read posts about solving the skipping problem within Version 2.0 while mixing or just playing tracks. I tried all methods but to no success. I have a soundblaster live 5.1 card using Win2k as my OS. I reinstalled my OS and updated all drivers including service packs, direct x etc. I also tried all the sound configurations, but it is still skipping with version 2.0. Has anyone else besides me still having this problem? Or has found a better solution to this?

Choonz

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 11:17 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Under winxp hit del+Ctrl+alt, and set the priority level of atomixmp3 on 'real time'

it should help!

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 12:19 pm
Windows ME- how do I do this? Have same problem, tried multiple configurations, etc- Do I need to allocate cpu resources etc? If so, how?
At this particular comp there's only one sound card, but 2 gig processor and 500+ ram. However I have no skipping proglems on another comp with win98 and less processor speed,,,
help! thanx
-joel B ;-)

Posted Wed 19 Dec 01 @ 4:29 pm
I too have been having simular problems. The mix will start to lose sync over a long mix (30 secs or more) I tried EVERYTHING! The response...get a better machine. I even bought new sound card...same as you SB live 5.1, re-formatted, and updated ALL drivers, and have 256 RAM. So, I think it is a bug that needs fixin'! Other programs work well with my configuration. Anyothers?

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 12:42 am
Hey! I think I may have figured out a solution to the delema! Open Audio HQ, go to "Advanced settings" and DISABLE dolby digital decoder. THis seems to have cleared up the wave form lags and skips I was having. Let me know if it works for you.

Ronny582

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 4:51 pm
tracks skipping when played back please help

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 12:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)