Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can I hook up my mixer?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am interested in purchasing Atomix and I would like to know if I could use my mixer with the program. My laptop only has a headphone jack. Would I be able to hook up the mixer and use channel A for the first "turntable" and channel B for the second "turntable" if I used a Y splitter?

Posted Sat 15 Dec 01 @ 12:52 am
yessssir!!!

Posted Sat 15 Dec 01 @ 12:57 am
So I don't need to soundcards then?

Posted Sat 15 Dec 01 @ 1:26 am
make that TWO

Posted Sat 15 Dec 01 @ 1:26 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nope, you don't need 2 soundcards. Use a splitter, connect 1 side of the splitter to line 1, and the other side to line 2. Set the mixer to mono output. (if you don't have a mono output option, you'll need to split the splitter) You'll get single channel mono to each channel on the splitter, and be able to mix just fine. Only thing, instead of funneling both stereo channels to one mono output, you'll be getting only one of the stereo channels to each side of the splitter. What I mean is, you'll occassionally notice that songs with distinct stereo seperation, will seem to be "missing something". When you come across one of those songs, just re-encode it in Mono, and it will sound fine. Your best bet if you want 2 seperate full stereo channels out to your mixer, is to pick up a usb audio adapter. It acts like a 2nd sound card, and gives you 2 full stereo outputs from your laptop to your mixer.

Have Fun,

Rick

Posted Sat 15 Dec 01 @ 7:54 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
You can't hook your soundcard "line"-output to the "turntable"-input of your mixer! It's not the same level, so you will blow your mixer, your amplyfier or your speakers, if you don't have a protection system. Hook your soundcard on your "CD/ Line"-input of your mixer. Be carefull!

Greetz, ikke

Posted Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 9:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)