Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can't monitor with SB Live Value! Help!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ZascarHome userMember since 2001
Hi,

I just bought v2 so that I can monitor, but I can't seem to do it. I think the problem has somehting to do with the fact that my speakers haev to be set to "Digital Output" otherwise there is no sound.

If I want to use my headphones, I have to untick this box in the 'Advanced Properties', take out the cable for the speakers, and put the headphones cable in instead.

I read on another port that I need a splitter? How come I wasn't told this before purchasing? I recon that if do get a splitter, I still won't be able to use the headphones, cause they don't work when the soundcard is set to digital output.

Please Help!

Zascar

Posted Thu 06 Dec 01 @ 6:30 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The SB Live! Value is a 3D card, so you don´t need a splitter. First go to your soundcards options and set your speakers to "Quadrophonic" (4 speakers), then select your driver in the sound config of AtomixMP3 and choose the constellation you want. It´s self explaining there. :-))

Posted Thu 06 Dec 01 @ 8:14 pm
Other things you may or may not need to do

a) install the latest directX (8.1) -- if you are running WIndows XP, you already have this however.
b) install LiveWare 3.0, which should have been included with your SB Live! If you are running Windows 2000 or Windows XP, make sure you get the updates from www.soundblaster.com after you install.

I havnt tried 2.0 on the 3D cards yet, but if it's like 1.12, your main output comes from the rear and your monitor comes from the front.. this is normal, and is a PAIN.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 01 @ 8:35 pm
Well, I have the latest DirectX, but I haven't been able to find LimeWire3 - Don't even know what it is!!! Can you please post a link, I can't find it...

What do you mean about "Your main output comes from the rear and your monitor comes from the front"

What front? I have 4 plugs in the back of my SoundCard with the following colours:

(Left to Right)
Black - ???
Green - Where I plug in my speakers
Red - Microphone
Blue - ???

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Zascar.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 01 @ 9:09 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well, I have the latest DirectX, but I haven't been able to find LimeWire3 - Don't even know what it is!!! Can you please post a link, I can't find it...

-He meant LiveWare. It´s the software that came with your soundcard.

What do you mean about "Your main output comes from the rear and your monitor comes from the front"

-In 1.12 on SB Live! cards the outputs where changed. The first channel was on the rear output, the second on the front.

What front? I have 4 plugs in the back of my SoundCard with the following colours:

(Left to Right)
Black - SPEAKERS (this is the "front" output)
Green - HEADPHONES (this is the "rear" output)
Red - Microphone
Blue - LINE IN (could also be Digital out, just read your manual!)

Posted Thu 06 Dec 01 @ 10:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)