Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: new active waveform display hurts my eyes, runs real choppy

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i just updated my atomixmp3 to version 2, i like all the new features. but it hurts to look at new active waveform display. the scrolling is horrendously choppy and it flickers similar to a monitor at a low refresh rate and i am no longer able to focus on it to manually beatmatch my music. i tried setting my desktop lower to 800x600, and it didnt help. i tried setting the color depth to 256, but atomixmp3 crashes. i tried setting the color depth to 32 bit, but it doesnt help either. i tried hardware and software mode and it doesnt do anything. this did not happen with the previous version. i was very happy with version 1.12 with respect to the waveform display.

my video card is an Abit Siluro (Nvidia Geforce2 mx400 with 64 megs of ram and tv out) and my cpu is an Intel PIII 700. i am going to install atomix on my other machine and see if i get a better result.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 6:57 am
ok i installed atomixmp3 onto my dell PIII 600 with a TNT2 Ultra and its even worse!! i must guess that one requires a super duper wowser machine to accomodate this software upgrade. my dedicated mp3 mixing machine is now obsolete. i will now have to upgrade.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 7:06 am
nateHome userMember since 2001
Hmm.. Something is wrong.

I run a P3-500 w/ AtomixMP3, and it works just fine!

Make sure:

a) drivers are the latest for your video card and sound board(s)
b) you've got the latest directX installed (http://www.microsoft.com/directx)
c) you have ample memory

A GeForce w/ a p3-700 is PLENTY for atomixMP3 if properly configured.

which flavor of windows are you running?

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 7:59 am
nateHome userMember since 2001
oh, and yes.. I *do* run atomixmp3 2.0, not 1.12.. and 2.0 is just ducky on my old PC.

2.0 is really not a hog!

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 8:00 am
hi, my dell is running Windows NT 4 workstation with service pack 5 and most of the hotfixes. i will try to update it tonight with whatever else is available.

my primary machine(the one i used for mixing) is a home-built machine running Windows ME(i will patch it also)

both computers have 256 megs of RAM, both computers have Nvidia chipsets, and Aureal Vortex 2 sound cards. i will check for the latest nvidia drivers, but i know that Aureal drivers are no more since they got swallowed up by (In)Creative Labs.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 7:04 pm
forgot to mention, that my nt box is loaded with crap while my mp3 box is a clean install with nothing but the OS and atomix installed.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 7:06 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It seems like the PIII@500 is the best solution for AtomixMP3! :-))

I run it also on this system with a

cheap 8MB graphics card,
256MB RAM,
40GB Maxtor IDE HDD and a
SB Live! Player 5.1.

All on XP with the latest drivers and patches for any hard- and software.

And, exciting, isnĀ“t it, it runs smooth, stable and without any glitches!

*g*

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 11:27 pm
I had similar problems with Atomix in Windoze Me, all the problems vanished when I upgraded to Windoze XP. I recommend obtaining it.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 01 @ 4:31 pm
i am not going to reformat my dell, forget about it, its performed solid as a rock for 2 years straight, rarely been shut off and never crashed.

Everyone is acting like its a hardware/OS problem. i see the only difference here is our sound cards and the OS. Yet i do not understand why this sudden glitch has to occur with the new version of atomixmp3. do not forget that everything was fine with version 1.12 on my computer.

Posted Thu 06 Dec 01 @ 5:38 pm
I agree, I too have a clean system...and the wave form display on v2.0 is real choppy. It also loses sync real quick (within a 30 second mix) I certianly hope this is fixed. Version 1.2 ran fine. I have a 355 P3 and 256MB ram on a 20GB hard drive! All drivers are updated etc. I run other high end apps with no difficulty.

Posted Sun 09 Dec 01 @ 3:47 pm
hey its me again, i installed version2 on two other machines and got the same result. the developers of atomix must be blind or something, i can't stand looking at this thing for more than a few seconds, i have since reverted back to version 1.12

Posted Mon 10 Dec 01 @ 2:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)