Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: problems with a Hp OmniBook XE3 & pcmcia soud card, Help me!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, i need help, i have used the atomixmp3 1.12 in a desktop computer (PII, 64 Ram, win 98, 2 sound cards) and has it worked me always perfect, now i have a laptop hp omnibook xe3 c600 Mhz, 64 Ram, win 98 and another external sound card (type model pcmcia Digigram Vxpocket V2) and when i use the atomixmp3 1.12 with the 2 sound cards on my Hp, although in the screen it is seen that they are even the rhythms, does it sound at different time, so that it sounds equally, do i have to advance the graph of the card pcmcia. Can you help me with the retard of the sound card pcmcia? is there some program so that the music is heard at the same time when in my screen is at the same time too. I need help, please.
Thank you.

Posted Wed 21 Nov 01 @ 3:45 am

that's a latency issue. i have a similar problem with my setup (both PCI sound cards).

it would be nice if there was a latency offset option (milliseconds) in the version. take only a moment to program, no? just an offset for the graphics more than anything.

it'd also be killer to have a line on the screen where the current sample is being played, rather than it being off the edge. i'd say about a quater in would be good, don't sacrafice much of the lookahead though.

Posted Sun 25 Nov 01 @ 6:09 am
Thank You for your help, but are any program to control the latency issue on my pcmcia or my soundcard ?

Posted Mon 26 Nov 01 @ 4:15 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I too have a laptop. I'm now using the original default sound card, and a USB audio adapter. All is fine. Works like 2 seperate sound cards. No apparent latency issues, and good solid output.

Posted Mon 26 Nov 01 @ 3:33 pm
what is your usb sound card?

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 8:45 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
He uses Telex. :-))
www.telex.de

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 9:27 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks Mama... Never looked 6 pages back before for a new post. :-) Yes, I'm using the Telex usb audio adapter. It shows up and acts just like a 2nd sound card. Full stereo output times 2. plug the 2 seperate outputs into 2 seperate channels on the mixer. Sounds great!!

Posted Mon 24 Dec 01 @ 12:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)