Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Dipper the skipper!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
My god does this program skip! especialy when i try to rec. a mix.
And it can't be my pc because when i run VDJ it uses 278RAM and 5 till 33% of my processor.

I got a AMD 1800+, 768RAM and a nvida 32MB video card.
I run XP Pro

Posted Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 2:51 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I am encountering this issue too, I have the same processor, but with 256Mo RAM. I found no way to resolve this.

FRUiT94

Posted Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 3:13 pm
I have seen this as well, but only if I record a long mix 20-30 minutes. for shorter mixes it gives no problem, and I am running 1 GB of RAM with VDJ on the home box.

Hmmmmm, curiousier, curiouser.....

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 4:34 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You ask your computer to play 2 songs with high computing work to modifie the pitch of them without quality loss. In the same time, you ask it to compress "in real time" an mp3 and write it on your disk.

Don't you think this can be hard for it? I think it can.
But it may do it without skipping, you're right.

To help it, make sure that you don't have to much background programs (specially anti-virus!). If it's the case, close them.

Make also sure that you have really more space than you need on the hard drive where you will write your mp3. Make sure this drive is not too splited up/fragmented (I don't know the right word). This can really slow down if your computer need to search for some clusters to write!

This may solve your problem... I hope.

Posted Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 4:51 pm
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Atomixmp3 has no problem with it........even when i had only 128RAM and a 400cpu!.
Why is VDJ eating so much more RAM??, when atomixmp3 had a limiter i would use atomixmp3 again VDJ is using to much RAM.

Posted Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 5:39 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Atomixmp3 & VirtualDJ are 2 entirely different softwares! They don't handle the music files the same way. When you load a song to a desk with VDJ the entire track is copied into your RAM. (you can actually disconnect your hard drive while the song is playing) sometimes you get a bit of hesitancy, or inadvertant looping or skipping as the next song is being loaded when using autoplay. You may be able to avoid this by changing some of the settings. Mess around with the max load setting. Try different settings there. I use always, but for long term autoplaying, you might do better with never. You can also try limiting the number of things VirtualDJ tries to do automatically. Disable auto bmp and other auto settings. Also be sure that you do not have any memory using programs running in the background. Virtual depends much more on RAM than other music playing softwares. If you can, increase the ammount of RAM. Over a gig is best.

Posted Tue 23 Dec 03 @ 7:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)