Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Wich soundcard should I buy?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello!

I want to buy a new soundcard so that I can use heaphones with Atomix. I have the full version of Atomix. I think I have to buy a 3D-soundcard or something?

Can anybody tell me what features a soundcard should have to use Atomix with speakers and headphones at the same time?

Can anybody recommend a soundcard (Manufacturer + model please)?

Thanks in advance!

Bas

Posted Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 11:56 pm
Seems like the 3D audio card Creative Sound Blaster Live (SBLive) is the popular choice and works really good. I just bought one for $31 just for Atomix and other mixing software. Basically a 3D audio card should at least have front and rear speaker outputs. Headphones go into one of the speaker outputs and your speakers go into the other speaker output. As for SBLive in particular, the headphones should use the front speaker output and your main speakers should use the rear speaker output. If connecting to an external mixer, then use the rear speaker output of the sound card for that. You cant go wrong with a SBLive 5.1! Its a good sound card for most of your PC applications and does the job well when its used with Atomix.

DJB

Posted Sat 10 Nov 01 @ 9:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)