Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MP3 Database don't use ID3-Tags?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sorry, not possible to register, server errors and on ...

When Atomix scans my drives for files it gives strange artist/title informations to his own database. I think that only the filenames were scanned and separated to the title/artist-fields. Example:

D:MP3ALBENTYPE O NEGATIVEOCTOBER RUST1 - Bad Ground

All informations are tagged in this songfile (artist: type o negative, album: october rust, track: 01, title: bad ground etc.).

Now the point: in Atomix (in both explorer and search view) I get: Artist: 01, title: bad ground

Searching for artists is impossible and my playlist contains only titles.

I don't like to re-tag all my files for that Atomix-requirements. Is there a way to import these informations ID3(V1 or V2)-tag-based.

I'm sorry for this strange english...

Thank you all in advance!

Tom

Posted Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 10:00 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Atomix don't read the id3 tags. You must rename your files like this: "artist - song.mp3".

Posted Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 11:37 pm
There is a utility called "File and MP3 Renamer" that will rename your MP3 files based upon the ID3 tag and what you tell it. Works great, shareware, only $5.

Posted Fri 16 Nov 01 @ 7:08 am
Thanks for the answers! I use a tool called "Tag&Rename" which is very good for multitagging and renaming. But the problem is: i don't want to rename all my files, because I use several programs and databases for listening and making music. If I rename files, I have to rebuild all databases and - that's the bad thing - in some programs I have created customized categories. To sort files in these folders has taken much time.

But I think I have no choice, if I want to use Atomix / eJay DJ Mixstation. O.k., thanks again for the replys.

Posted Fri 16 Nov 01 @ 2:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)