Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: If this is a softwear for Pro Djs.........

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

then why the sound quality is shit when i put my sblive5.1 to work with externall mixer ?i have the full version all drivers etc.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 3:41 pm
Atomix 1.12 has terrible sound quality, there isn't anything you can do about this really, although turning on hardware mode and turning off master tempo helps a bit.

I have tried the beta of atomix 1.2 and have to say the sound quality is much improved, but remember, you will never get excellent quality from mp3's because of their very nature. Mp3's are compressed and therefore subject to losses, these losses are represented by poor sound quality. Attempt to get only tunes using a sample rate 320, this will help, as the compression losses are reduced due to their being more sound information in the file and so losses are less noticeable.

Unfortunately you will always have to expect a loss of quality whether aural or visual when it comes to digital compression techniques, digital has enormous losses and setbacks, analogue is the only way of having pure high quality sound. If you want aural perfection you must buy decks.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 3:59 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Try to remove the master tempo

Also note that we'll improve the sound quality in the next version.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 5:03 pm
so as i understand i have to wait for the next version.........
as i do for at least 6months now:)

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 6:52 pm
SB Live's have TERRIBLE sound quality once you put them in four channel mode. had this problem myself.

solution: a $8 CMedia 8738-based sound card. Dropped it in the system, loaded the drivers, put atomix in dual card mode, and moved the second channel from the rear of the sblive to the main out of the second card.

Quality is fine now... but once that damn SB Live hits 4 channel mode.. it all goes it hell!

Posted Thu 01 Nov 01 @ 11:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)