Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VERY IMPORTANT info regarding tracks skipping while recording and playback

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This is for everyone out there who has had alot of headaches with tracks skipping whilst recording or during playback.

I have read all the suggested reasons for tracks skipping that have been posted in these forums such as CPU speed, Hard Disk Speed, Audio Hardware settings etc...

I have come to the following conclusion:

Tracks skipping during playback or recording has little or nothing to do with CPU speed or HD speed. The MAJOR issues are as follows:

1. Getting the latest drivers for your soundcard
2. Downloading the latest Direct X (version 8)
3. Adjusting your Audio hardware settings to suit Atomix (settings - control panel - multimedia - audio)

I have done the above and now Atomix is working perfectly on my system which is not very fast and has a fairly basic soundcard.

I have an Intel Celeron 433Mhz with 130Mb memory and a fairly standard 6.4 Gig Hard Disk Drive. My soundcard is a C-Media with 3D. I am running Windows 98 SE.

Atomix works perfect for me with the following Audio Hardware settings:

PLAYBACK - Hardware Acceleration set to FULL
- Sample Rate set to BEST

RECORDING - Hardware Acceleration set to FULL
- Sample Rate set to GOOD

I did not have to disable any programs or fiddle with anything else. Infact I can record a mix with other programs running in the background withought any problems.

I would suggest you try doing the above 3 things before spending money upgrading your system. Try other combinations for your Hardware settings if the ones I have shown do not work because all soundcards are different. Otherwise conact your soundcard manufacturer and find out the optimum settings. I am almost 100% sure that the skipping is due to soundcard conflicts with Atomix rather than anything else.

I hope this info will help someone out there because i was getting pretty pissed off with the tracks skipping myself.

Happy mixing,

Alexx.

Posted Sun 21 Oct 01 @ 6:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)