Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I still can't monitor with the headphones......helllpppppp!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ok guys, like i've told you before, i have the sound blaster (audigy mp3) and already have the full version of atomix. And one more thing is a 5 piece computer speaker system. I am not really sure how to connect all these items to the sound card so that i could start monitoring. The 5 speaker system only has two outputs but are not rear and front, it says surround and the other one i'm not sure but that one goes into the computer. i'd appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Dj Omar

Posted Mon 15 Oct 01 @ 10:09 pm
Omar,

Like Mama said:

* make sure your soundcard has 2 exits (normally rear and front, or 1 and 2)
(If it doesn't, then you're out of luck)

* setup your soundcard for 4 speakers (read your manual on how to do that)

* in Atomix in the configuration menu choose the 3D soundcard in the left column.

* In that same menu on the right side you need to select the appropriate configuration (either "master out" and "headphones", or "mixing table")

* Depending of the configuration you've chosen, the signals will come out of the rear and front exits of your soundcard.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Mon 15 Oct 01 @ 10:25 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
think about mailing serice@atomixmp3.com to get more help. Cause you're in anonymous mod we can't check your account.

Posted Tue 16 Oct 01 @ 6:32 am
A 5 speaker 'surround sound' soundcard can be different to a 4 speaker 3D soundcard. A 3D card has front and rear outputs on it which Atomix can use as separate channels. Front for the monitoring and rear for the speakers.

To know if you can use your surround sound card for atomix you need to know if you have 2 separate channels that Atomic can use. If you do have the necessary setup, then I would imagine that you have 2 cables going from the soundcard to a subwoofer cum amplifier, one socket marked rear and one marked front (on the back of the soundcard). On the subwoofer you would have four outputs for four 'satellite' speakers, maybe a fifth satellite speaker output as well that is supposed to go directly behind you.

What you would need to do is find the rear output socket on the soundcard - disconnect it. You will then lose the rear output from your satellite speakers. Connect a pair of headphones to the now empty rear output of your soundcard and do what Mama suggests regarding setting up Atomix for a 3D soundcard. You may find you have the monitoring coming from the speakers instead of the headphones. If this is the case, take the headphones out of the soundcard and reconnect the rear output to the subwoofer. Now disconnect the cable going to the front output of the soundcard and connect the headphones to that socket. You would then get the monitoring coming from the headphones as required.

If the above is not how your system is set up, then at least it may be applicable to other people who do have such a system. In the event that yours is different, say so in this topic, but include the necessary information needed for us to assist you. We would need the number of sockets on the back of your soundcard and what they are (if it only has little diagrams on the soundcard, and you don't know what they mean, look in the instruction manual which will tell you what each socket is and does). That will tell us whether you have separate rear and front outputs or not. Then tell us what the cables are going to from the soundcard, i.e. a subwoofer or amplifier, etc. If you have a subwoofer, what cables leave the subwoofer and where do they go?...I think you get the general idea.

Whatever happens, keep us posted.

MiXmAsTeR

Posted Tue 16 Oct 01 @ 2:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)