Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I have trouble with trax skipping while Recording and playing???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DeeJayHome userMember since 2001
I have tried the demo version and was sold on it. The demo was flawless, so I bought the full
version. Now while playing or recording the trax skip. That did not happen in the demo but it
happens in the Full Version. Does anyone know why? I have a PII 600 mhz pc with 256meg of ram running under both Windows98 and Windows 2000. Please Help!!!

Posted Mon 15 Oct 01 @ 9:30 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
First try to disable master tempo. If it continues skipping, please post, how you´re recording, with the AtomixMP3 recording function or an external recording software.

Posted Tue 16 Oct 01 @ 7:33 am
I have tried that and other things like

1) Install directX 8.0a (and please be carrfeul to download directx8.0a for win2k if you want to use this system)

2) In the config pannel of windows select AUDIO devices and click on Advanced properties. You should see two switchs (one called Hardware acceleration and one called Sample rate quality) . Please switch the AUDIO SAMPLE RATE to minimum (lower quality but faster)

If your problem is still here try under win 2k to set the priority of Atomixmp3 at the maximum (I think it is using right click - program properties or typing Ctrl+alt+tab after have laucnhed atomixmp3)
In this way, you will allow the max of ressources to atomixmp3 and have a better speed than the default priority :)

Regards,
Yan-X

1) Close all background programs (such as virus software)
From the start menu:
2) Select "Settings", "Control Panel", "Sounds & Multimedia", "Audio Tab"
3) In "Sound Playback", click the "Advanced" tab
4) Select "Basic" hardware acceleration (one notch from the left)
5) Select "Apply" and then "Close", (leaving sample quality on "Best")
6) Repeat steps 3 thru 5 for the "Sound Playback"
N.B. My computer was preset on full hardware acceleration and this created the conflict!!
7) Last, be sure that if you have more than one sound driver (note here that I have downloaded the latest DirectX sound driver also) that you select the Primary sound driver within the sound option in Atomix.

I have done all of this before posting this message. I am using internal recorder. Still unable to play or record mixes without skipping.

Posted Tue 16 Oct 01 @ 4:21 pm
Another relevant question might be how your configuration (harddisk-wise) looks like.

5400 or 7200 RPM drives ?

Are you reading from and writing to the same IDE (both in the primary IDE I would guess) or even to the same physical harddisk (although they might be logically seperate) ?

I personally have an Athlon 650 with 128Mb RAM running on Win98 SE (and running lots of other stuff besides Atomix) and do not have any problem recording whatsoever. I do write to physically distinct harddrives, and had the experience before that when writing to the same physical harddisk (logically different drive letters) I experienced problems too.

Other options might be to defragment your harddisk regularly, and avoid installing/unistalling applications all the time (most of them leave some rubbish when being uninstalled).

For that reason, something like 2 months ago, I've built a Duron 800MHz / 256Mb RAM / 60 Gb harddisk (7200 RPM) system running nothing but the bare Win98SE and Atomix (to have a clean system). I've built it into a professional & robust 19" server rack, to take it along as part of my mobile disco.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Tue 16 Oct 01 @ 9:48 pm
Thanks Dj Corpse, you gave me something to thing about. When you mentioned harddrives I am running @ 7200rmp hd but I need to check and make sure that they are running under DMA mode.

Posted Wed 17 Oct 01 @ 4:24 am
Let us know whether you find a solution to your problem.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Wed 17 Oct 01 @ 9:37 pm
I am also experiencing problems with tracks skipping, but only when i'm recording. Please help....

The tracks only skip when I adjust the crossfader or the volume or the pitch when recording, but otherwise there is no skipping and it works fine when i'm not recording. If anyone can tell me why this is happening or how it can be fixed I would be very very grateful because it's very annoying. The WAV file itself does not record the skipping and sounds fine but it is very hard to mix with the tracks skipping.

I am running Windows 98 SE on an Intel Celeron 433 with 130MB NVRAM and I am recording onto a 6.4 Gig hard disk drive.

I am thinking about upgrading my hard disk to 20 Gig but i'm not sure if this will solve the problem. What is the best way to configure my Audio hardware settings in Win 98 for best performance when recording in Atomix??

Thanks.
Alexx

Posted Thu 18 Oct 01 @ 10:27 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
I think it is due to your CPU first....
Besides, we have improved the audio engine in the next version and I'm sure we will do our best to adjust the performances on all the configurations.

Posted Thu 18 Oct 01 @ 11:28 am
Yan-X I have more than the required minimum speed CPU so what is the real problem??? I had no problem paying for the product, but yet I can't get proper tech support???? What is this?

Posted Thu 18 Oct 01 @ 4:20 pm
Wow eight days have gone by and still no assistance from tech support. What is the use of tech support are purchasing a product if you can't get any resolutions. I wish that I looked through this forum and saw the problems people were having before I made my purchase. Had I know this, I would not have purchased this product that is full of bugs. On the brighter side there are was to resolve this matter and I intend to see to it that I am completely satisfied when this is all said and done. If this is the kind of treatment that the people of Atomixmp3 gives customers then I will handle things that way. I am contacting my Credit Card Company and cancel the payment for the Atomixmp3 Software. Let's see just how the people at ATomixmp3 like that.

Posted Sat 27 Oct 01 @ 12:59 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
SIr,

Mail our technical support to service@atomixmp3.com

And we will help you but in the forum we can't read all topics each day.

By the way, please mail us again a complete description of your computer and exactly when appears the problem.

Posted Sat 27 Oct 01 @ 12:51 pm
I have done this already with no resolution. You are telling me to do things that I have already done and this problem still exists.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 6:19 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Yes but it's easier for us to answer you personnaly when you write a mail. I remember you we're here to help you. For know we don't have THE solution to YOUR problem, but I ask you to mail us so we'll try with other teamers to dialog with you and find a solution. We told you to write in the forum because we thought maybe someone else had a solution. As this is not the case, please mail us again. Be sure we'll answer you and we'll do our best to help you.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 10:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)