Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: THE CRACKED VERSION WORKED BUT THE ORIGINAL DIDN"T

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I had the cracked version of atomixmp3 and now that i payed i have the full version and when i put to record then the song is skipping.I readed all the technical forum to find a solution and i have the updated version of drivers and directX
my computer is p2 300mhz 256mbRam.Any sugestions?

Posted Tue 02 Oct 01 @ 11:26 pm
I had the same problem with a 450Mhz. I would recommend upgrading to a AMD 1Ghz or more.

Before doing that, however, try this:

-Restart the computer before using Atomix.
-Run NO programs before Atomix or during your recording session.
-Close all programs that automatically load up on your taskbar when you start the computer.
-Go into 'control panel/sound&audio devices/audio/sound playback/advanced/performance, and turn 'Hardware Acceleration' down to 'Basic Acceleration'.

Restarting the computer and closing all programs without running any before using Atomix will free all the system resources. Turning hardware acceleration down to 'basic' also seems to help in most, if not all, cases.

Tell me if doing this has helped.

Posted Thu 04 Oct 01 @ 1:55 pm
I forgot to say, when in the 'sounds and multimedia' settings, click on 'sound recording' and do the same as you did for 'sound playback', i.e. Turn 'Hardware Acceleration' down to 'Basic Acceleration'.

MiXmAsTeR

Posted Thu 04 Oct 01 @ 2:34 pm
I tried everything that you said but still is skipping during recording but anywway it is stupid the cracked version to work and the original not:)i have sblive5.1 so i can record directly through the recorder of my card so it is not such a problem right now but all the systems have to work cause i payed :))))))) so any other suggestions??

Posted Fri 05 Oct 01 @ 12:59 pm
I think the reason the cracked version worked was because it was still only the demo version with the nag screen removed. A lot of the functions were not available, they were not even coded into the demo version, so now, with the full version, you have more things being used, especially if you are using one of the 2 soundcard modes or 3D soundcard modes. I had few problems with the demo version, but lots with the full version too.

I would now try installing the latest version of DirectX, which is version 8 and is available for free download from www.microsoft.com. Out of interest, tell me what version you currently have of DirectX. Also, get the latest drivers for your soundcard. My skipping problem was with me through 3 different versions of Windows and numerous hardware configurations. I was disappointed when I purchased an AMD 1Ghz and 320Mb SDRAM, only to find it was still skipping. The solution turned out to be a new soundcard, a SB Live! 1024. Of course, this new soundcard had the newest drivers installed. Previously, I had also tried the on-board sound from my motherboard, and found this skipped until I installed a newer driver, although it wasn't perfect, the new driver had helped. I wanted better, so I got the SB Live!, and have had no problems since, except for when I run a lot of programs before running Atomix.

It you have trouble finding DirectX 8 or the latest and greatest drivers for your soundcard, tell me and I'll get them for you.

I feel though, that if this doesn't work, you will have no alternative but to upgrade to a faster machine. I had this problem on an AMD K6II 450Mhz computer and no matter what I did, I could not stop the skipping. Recording in software mode is very hardware and CPU intensive and really does require a fast and powerful computer. Not only that, but it requires a fast hard drive too. All I needed to do was buy a motherboard (Jetway) and a CPU (AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1Ghz), which cost me a total of: 50000ptas/£200/$300. I don't like spending money, but I am now very glad I did for the numerous benefits, not only with Atomix but with many things, especially games and watching full screen downloaded movies (www.winmx.com).

Posted Fri 05 Oct 01 @ 2:10 pm
i format my disc and i install it again and is working!!!! only when i have basic sound so tell me whats the difference?

Posted Sat 06 Oct 01 @ 1:09 am
HOW DO YOU REFORMAT MY DRIVE. I HATE THIS SH*T I HAVE THE SKIPPING POB TOO.. HMMM TRY WWW.AUDIOGALAXY.COM join SPINSOURCE GROUP. MY name there is MUSIKSOURCE .. peace.

Posted Wed 10 Oct 01 @ 2:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)