Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How do i enable pre-fade listen?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've selected 3d sound card (which is what i have) and the speakers and headphones option, and i want to be able to listen to the next track, before fading it in. how is this done?

cheers

--
']['rull

Posted Sun 30 Sep 01 @ 8:17 pm
Either you use a audio doohicky (to split the right and the left channel) or you install another cheap sound card to monitor your next song. The last one ist the best !

Greetings
Karsten

Posted Sun 30 Sep 01 @ 11:34 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No, you don´t need a second card, you need the full version! In the demo or cracked versions, it won´t work.

Posted Mon 01 Oct 01 @ 7:23 am
well thats a bit silly. i thought the point in demos was a try-before-you-buy. if i cant try it, then im not goint to buy it, because it might suck (im sure it doesnt tho' :Op)

any chance of a fully working demo?

--
']['rull

Posted Mon 01 Oct 01 @ 1:15 pm
Unfortunately no. If we would offer a time nagged demo with full functionality, it would be too easy to crack!

Posted Mon 01 Oct 01 @ 1:50 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I was in the same boat. I took it on faith that it would work if I bought it, and it did. Buy it!!

Posted Mon 01 Oct 01 @ 2:13 pm
The monitoring function works fine in the full version. I have a SoundBlaster Live! card and have no problems, apart from main speaker output coming from the rear channel and monitoring coming from the front channel, but that may be solved if Atomixmp3 V1.2 is ever released.

That's another point to consider before buying Atomix. Realise that you may only be purchasing the current version and will never get an updated version, as it appears that the Team cannot do it. Although you will probably find this version is good enough for your bedroom mixing, even without equalizers. Personally, I have finally accepted that no new version will ever be released, and if it is, it will be months if not years away, so I am going to buy a mixer so I can have control over the bass, mainly, and get rid of horrible killed beats.

MiXmAsTeR

Posted Thu 04 Oct 01 @ 2:14 pm
yeah, i noticed everything had become a bit 'treble'. if i were to use atomix for the beatmatching, then use an external mixer do you think that would be any good.?

Posted Mon 08 Oct 01 @ 1:03 pm
Yep, that would work very well. On the mixer you have bass controls for each deck, so you could kill or reduce the bass using the mixer, and of ocurse, alter the treble and mid-range.

I am thinking of buying an external mixer to do just that. The problem that arises is that you will not be able to use Atomix to record your mix, s you would need to record the output of the mixer, which presumably would go straight to your speakers or amplifier system. You could record on a tape, if the ouput goes to a midi sytem or hi-fi, or some of the newer midi systems have MiniDisc recorders... Another option would be to send the output to another computer and use that computer to record it...

Posted Mon 08 Oct 01 @ 1:40 pm
You can use the "record out" of the mixer near the "master out" and plug it to the "line in" of your soundcard. So you can record with a simple line recorder and send your mix to an amp via the master. Works fine.

Posted Mon 08 Oct 01 @ 5:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)