Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How Do i Change the Bitrate of my MP3's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello Atomix users,
I've got some great news! I got a regular gig at a night club here in Beijing....UNFORTUNATELY my gig could be jeapordized by the fact the club's manager wants my mp3's to be of a certain bitrate so as to protect his sound system!
The bitrate of cd's is 196 i think....but how do I know the bitrate of my mp3's?...and FURTHERMORE. How do I change the bitrate of my mp3's so as to fulfill the desires of the club manager?(to match that of CD's and Vinyl)
I really do NOT want to jeapordize my new gig. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks in advance!
DJ56K

Posted Tue 04 Sep 01 @ 1:00 pm
Hola, I suggest you use a program such as Mp3 workshop. You can find it at http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~mp3workshop/
is freeware. It no only changes the bitrate but can also do many other things. Hope this help. Good luck with the Gig.

Saludos
Font

Posted Wed 05 Sep 01 @ 6:28 am
I think that the bitrate has no influence on the sound system. Once the file is read, the output is a normal electrical signal, regardless to the quality of the original sampling. Only too loud an output volume can cause some dammage.

Posted Wed 05 Sep 01 @ 3:17 pm
corePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I would have to agree with Damocles.
The bitrate of an mp3 file has no influence on the sound system.
Cheers.
Core.

Posted Thu 06 Sep 01 @ 8:50 pm
128 bitrate will sound more hollow and maybe sharper than 192kbs !
and another thing : you can only change bitrates to a lower number, it's no use of encreasing the number.
I would advise to test the soundqaulity first, there's a huge difference between pc speakers and high volumes!
riven2001@hotmail.com

Posted Mon 24 Sep 01 @ 8:07 pm
dove si trova il crack di atomixmp3?

Posted Tue 02 Oct 01 @ 5:43 pm
were is it the crack for atomixmp3?

Posted Tue 02 Oct 01 @ 5:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)