Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Music skips when playing mp3,s

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HELP...... my mp3,s skip when playing on atomix and /or recording.
i have OS..windows ME , creative soundblaster pci128 card ( athlon 1000/256 ram/ 60g hard )
any other software program i have runs ok but i want to purchase your full one as i find it very easy to use with exellent mixing results if it were not for the skipping
please,please,please HELP.

REGARDS one very frustrated DJ
JOHN PANTON.

Posted Mon 30 Jul 01 @ 5:26 am
strange.. It plays fine with my SB Live (windows me)... maybe try it at a friend's place or something?? not sure what the minimum system requirements are -- i thought i saw them somewhere, but maybe i didn't, as i can't find them now...

Posted Mon 30 Jul 01 @ 2:11 pm
have now tryed installing direct x 8.0a, rechecked all drivers up to date,shut down all virus checkers/firewall, any programs in task bar ect,my DMA is enabled,and still......................................THIS BASTARD OF A GREAT PROGRAM IS STILL SKIPPING WHEN PLAYING / RECORDING.
MUST HAVE DIED AND WENT TO HELL OR SOMETHING....
SHIT HAPPENS EH ??

HELP

Posted Tue 31 Jul 01 @ 12:30 am
What are your mp3's encoded at?????it may be because they are at 48 kpbs or sumthing. Also is this when they are at a different pitch setting?????

Posted Tue 31 Jul 01 @ 5:38 am
alreaHome userMember since 2003
No, Atomix would crash if the mp3 were encoded in 48kHz.
What can of harddisc is it? And are you sure to have a pci 128, sometimes there are mistakes with the drivers for the 1024 so that it seems to be a 128 for the system.

Posted Tue 31 Jul 01 @ 9:44 am
jhp1Home userMember since 2001
mp3,s are always at 128.
have now tryed going into msconfig, shutting down all programs bar ATOMIX.
result....... system resoures- 98% free
user resoures- 98% free
gdi resoures- 99% free
ok guys, how much juice does this progams eat !
it is STILL SKIPPING WHEN RECORDING.
QUESTION ..... this pci128 card ( have the latest drivers ), how do you know if it is the soundblaster live ?, will it say soundblaster live when you look it up in your system check ?
must be something to do with the card.
could it be the LIVE card and i have the pci128 drivers, or does it not make any differance.
slowly but surley this exellent program MUST WORK.
i wanna buy it so much !!!!! ANY MORE IDEA,S ?

REGARDS JHP

Posted Fri 03 Aug 01 @ 12:05 am
ok guys,
i,ve really come to the conclusion that this version of ATOMIX HAS BUGS in it and they will not admit it.
maybe it is just in windows ME. i have tryed every dam thing i can and you can think of, and it still skips.
are there any other programs as good as this on the market now ?
the money doesn,t matter. i would pay anything from £60 up to £400 for this type of software if it worked ok.
imagine giging live and it skipps, what a bollocking one would get of the punters and very embarrassing to say the least.
i am a working DJ, and would find this software invaluble at the smaller venues. it would let me get more involved with the crowed.
any more ideas, i,m here. thank you all for your time
dj..JHP

Posted Fri 03 Aug 01 @ 4:20 am
BACK AGAIN !
ok, the skipping is now stopped ( wooohoooooo )
but only when in hard mode. put it in soft for recording, it skipps.
i,m nearly there to getting this ace program to work properly.
any more ideas on this one please !

many thanks
dj JHP

Posted Fri 03 Aug 01 @ 4:55 am
I was so psyched when I first d/l'd this. My whole thing was to mix for cd's. The skipping is unbearable, and it won't work otherwise if you want to record.

Support was unhelpful, and the links on the website are so f'd up that I couldn't even find the system reqs anywhere.

I'm sorry that I'm going to have to delete this. I agree that there's probably a huge bug in this somewhere, and I hope they fix it at some point but for now, they're just pissing people off.

Posted Fri 03 Aug 01 @ 4:34 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Do you have the latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers for your mobo? www.viatech.com

Posted Sat 04 Aug 01 @ 12:50 am
I am in the exact same boat. Please help. tom.wolf@wmich.edu

Posted Tue 28 Aug 01 @ 1:59 pm
right guys...first of all, my apoligies to all at atomix for losing the rag towards the skipping fo mp3,s.
after many weeks trying to sort this i have found the problem.

1. my computer was bought through TIME computers ( rip off )and they never set up any of my things 100% proper..
the drivers in my sound card ( pci128 creative )were windows ME default drivers as put in by TIME ( GRRRR ).
my mate installed the proper drivers from creative ( latest )....... and also done a clean / reinstall of my pc ( took out all the shit and programs i no longer used........................ and finally, i installed 1ghz of sdram in my pc ( be warned though, windows ME will only handle up to and a max of 1ghz of sdram, any more and it becomes unstable / hangs / crashes ) .
so i think it was the drivers that TIME had installed that were the problem, but also, a clean / reinstall does your pc 100% good to get ride of the shit ect, and 1ghz of sdram is just SMOKIN !!!! BLISTERING FAST .........WOOHOO !!
iam still running 1ghz proccesor ( athlon )and will not be upgrading till the new year. ( athlon are bring out a motherboard with 400 fsb !!!! , so what size are the bloddy proccesors gonna be !!!!!
AGAIN MY APOLIGIES TO YAN AND THE TEAM, THIS SOFTWARE DOES WHAT HE SAYS, IT ROCKS 110%
KIND REGARDS
DJ......JHP

Posted Wed 19 Sep 01 @ 5:40 am
PS......WILL BE BUYING THIS SOFTWARE SOON.....100%
IS THE NEW VERSION STILL COMING OUT AND WHAT WILL THE DIFFERANCE BE ?
DJ....JHP

Posted Wed 19 Sep 01 @ 5:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)