Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [CONFIGURATION] Turtle Beach, Santa Cruz sound card

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am having problems getting Atomixmp3 3d configuration to work with my Turtle Beach, Santa Cruz sound card. Could someone on the team please help? I am a registered user, I paid for the program. The sound card I am trying to use is definitely 3d, it actually has 6 channels total. Should I switch to SB Live card? Would that solve the problem?

I cannot understand why all of my requests for assistance go ignored. If you won't help then maybe you can tell me why not? Have I offended you in some way?

Thanks
ayahuasca

Posted Tue 06 Feb 01 @ 1:53 pm
I am the author of that message, I forgot to log in, sorry!

Posted Tue 06 Feb 01 @ 1:55 pm
OK I figured it out myself, maybe this will help someone else, in order to use the Santa Cruz 3d sound card DO NOT select 3d sound card, select the 2 card set up... you will then notice that there are two little windows where you can select the sound cards you want to use. Just select the Santa Cruz Front for the first sound card, and then select the Santa Cruz Rear for the second card. Then you can use either mixer or monitor config, put the headphones in the rear jack (black).

One problem, however, with 2 cards selected, the movement in the rhythm window becomes much less smooth, but still usable. Has anyone else seen this with a 2 card config?

ayahuasca
www.ayalounge.com

Posted Fri 09 Feb 01 @ 4:45 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Ok, it is the first i hear a user need to switch to the two sounds cards mod in order to use a 3d card but apparently it is the good answer ! AYAHUASCA, can you please confirm it to the others users ?

Posted Fri 09 Feb 01 @ 8:47 am
This is the only way I found to make it work, but maybe there is another way, any suggestions are welcome....

Posted Fri 09 Feb 01 @ 4:52 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just went to the Turtle Beach web site and saw that the Santa Cruz is a 6-channel card. Not sure why the 2-card option only works, other then maybe the sound card is actually multiple cards in 1?
I also saw that is has hardware mp3 decoding "assistance". Maybe that is why the beats window is a little jumpy? Have you tried Software Mixing instead of Hardware mixing? If you have, any difference?

Posted Mon 12 Feb 01 @ 3:10 am
I tried disabling the option for mp3 acceleration, but that did not fix anything. What did help was selecting Santa Cruz (instead of Santa Cruz Front Wave) as the 1st sound card, then the rhythm window worked fine, but the sound out of the Rear Wave (through the headphones) became extremely faint, and intermitent and intermingled between the red & green decks.

I also got some advice from the manufacurer, but it didn't help either so I won't bother to post it here. It seems like I've just got a huge mess here...

Posted Tue 13 Feb 01 @ 2:00 am
Hello i'm a spanish atomix user. I have a sb live! and the program doesn't work with 3d option and monitor so don't buy anything because it's imposible to have a monitor with atomix

Posted Sun 18 Feb 01 @ 3:48 pm
redskyHome userMember since 2003
I also had many many problems when configuring the Santa Cruz sound card. I ended up having to pull out an old Aureal Vortex2 card just for the monitor. It works, but anytime I involve the Vortex2 in AtomixMP3 the CPU utilization skyrockets. Maybe it's the sound card, maybe it's Atomix.. either way that sux. I'm afraid for how it will work if I hook up an external mixer.

Oh well. Hopefully the next version fixes this, after all this is a great sound card! (the Santa Cruz)

Posted Thu 15 May 03 @ 5:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)