Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Fatal Recording

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I had recorded my mix for about 4:30 and now when i tray to play it i get the message the file is damaged, what happened??? and how can i repair the file

Posted Mon 09 Sep 02 @ 6:06 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
4 hours or 4 minutes ?

Windows can't record wav files that are more than 2 hours. Sorry I can't tell you any solution.

Posted Mon 09 Sep 02 @ 6:10 pm
4 hours and 30 minutes

Posted Mon 09 Sep 02 @ 6:41 pm
So it's the famous Windows problem.

Posted Mon 09 Sep 02 @ 7:30 pm
Can an external recorder-program do the trick?
I'm not actually expecting a response from Dams since this isn't Atomix-related but does anyone know how to record WAV's longer than 2 hours?

Posted Wed 25 Sep 02 @ 9:05 am
Myabe it'll work if you record directy in mp3 (but I haven't tested yet). You can find mp3 recorders on the web.

Posted Wed 25 Sep 02 @ 9:30 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Because of the file size limit with FAT32, your pretty much S-O-L. Nothing will work on that file while its still in FAT32. The only work around I can think of is to try and copy it to a NTFS partition (like on a WinNT, or XP machine that uses NTFS) and then you sould be able to open it. However, I dont think even that would work since the file handling would be done by the OS thats running that FAT32 system, and you would probably run into the same problem again.

Another work around, but more drastic, is to use a program like Partition Magic and convert the FAT32 drive to NTFS. It sould be able to do it without losing any information on the drive, *BUT* you will need a NTFS OS, like NT, 2000, or XP. And I dont think you can convert back once you've gone to NTFS, so you better be sure thats what you want.

PS; if you want to upgrade to XP it would be a good thing to use NTFS anyway.

Grimm

Posted Wed 25 Sep 02 @ 11:49 am
Grimm is correct FAT32 does limit the file size but you can use a sound editing program to paste the files together.

Posted Sun 20 Oct 02 @ 8:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)