Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Black, black and more black

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have just downloaded the atomixmp3 player and I have some problems. The background is black, the crossfader is black, the automix button is back, and the volume slider controls are you guessed it - Black. I have dowloaded another skin but am not sure what to do with it. I tried taking the default skin out of the skin directory and putting the downloaded on in the directory. I get an error message Invalid 'skin.' My songs also appear as very small silver or gold disk, rather that as a list of songs. The centres of the decks are also black, so I cannot see the name of the song or any text. Apart from this it's all going well!

Posted Fri 17 May 02 @ 7:30 pm
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
By any chance are you playing too much AC/DC?
Just kidding. We can all use a little humor now and then.

Posted Fri 17 May 02 @ 11:24 pm
No! Sadly, this is all true. I like Black music. I am a trouble disciple.

Posted Sat 18 May 02 @ 12:33 am
Perhaps I should describe what I can see on my default skin. I see the outline of the turntables,varispeed,beatmix, bass, medium,high,gain buttons,the streaming waves,effects,samples,record, options and the playlist with the songs as gold or silver tiny disks.
Also my system is an Evesham 1Gb athlon, 128K RAM, on board graphics and sound cards, 40Gb hard drive, Windows ME operating system. All offers of help will be gladly appreciated.

Posted Sat 18 May 02 @ 11:26 am
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi there !

Not sure what the actual problem is but if you have downloaded a new skin simply unzip the file into your Atomix/skins folder and then select the relevant skin in the options menu...

Try any of the skins by Janosch..they are excellent, I use the Darkfun skins when working out live as they look the job.

Good luck !!

STU

Posted Sat 18 May 02 @ 10:37 pm
Lisen to me
I got a skin from addons and it doesn't work
(I think it's because of my old atomix, it doesn't update)
I have ONLY 2 skins: Default & Denon.

Posted Sun 19 May 02 @ 4:26 am
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!

Posted Sun 19 May 02 @ 4:28 am
Hellooooo anybooody
Help!
Member, Newbie anybody
WAAAAAAAA

Posted Sun 19 May 02 @ 4:29 am
Thanks Stu. The problem is the option button is not visible. Yes you guessed it - it is black. When I put my cursor over it a yellow pop up comes up with options on it, so I can locate it. I presume I get a drop down menu, which I cannot see. Just once I have located the skins option. How many options lines are there and what are they, and in what order?
Thanks for your help.

Posted Tue 21 May 02 @ 12:18 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
They are in this order starting at the top left corner of the options.

Scratch, Time Stretch, Pitch Range, Crossfader, Equalizer, Security, Charts, Tooltip, Multi-instance

(Middle list)
Auto Bpm, Auto Beatmatch, Auto Gain, Auto Pitch Reset, Auto mix start, Auto mix end, Auto mix length

(Far Right)
Sound Config, Change Skin, Select Visual, Shortcuts, History, Web site

DJ Homeboy

Posted Tue 21 May 02 @ 12:36 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
if you have ever run a cracked version of Atomix... you should try to completely uninstall any versions that you have, including all registry entries... then re-install either the demo, or if you have since bought it, reinstall the full version. I'll bet this would help your problem.

Posted Wed 22 May 02 @ 1:52 am
Thanks very much for all the sugestions! I have sorted it now. I dowloaded some more skins and switching between them brings the default skin to life! I still have to find it in the dark though! Each time I start the program, my skin is mostly black in the bottom half of the screen. When I hang my mouse over the buttons (options etc) I get a yellow pop up message with the buttons name. After clicking options, I have to guess where the change skin line is. When I find it, I again get a yellow pop-up message, which I click. Switching between the skins and they wake up after a few switches. This is pretty desperate, but I stuck some house on last night and produced my first atempt at a mix tape.

It is certainly easier than with my 2 technics SL1200 Mk2's and my mixer! My NJD DM600 mixer has split cue mixing too! (If you are not sure what this means : this means I can listen to the music from the deck that's playing in one ear of the headphones, while trying to match the beats from the music from the other deck in the other ear of the headphones simaltaneously)

Posted Wed 22 May 02 @ 9:07 am
i am from holland and my english is not very good.
I have the same problem to its not good when annything black its i want to say its stopid!!!!!

Posted Sat 22 Jun 02 @ 7:12 pm
I am from Holland too
and i have this proble too

WAT EEN ZAAD GEVAL!!!

Posted Thu 14 Nov 02 @ 8:01 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
@Jackie Chan: Please download the last demo version !

Bye,
DJ Coco

Posted Thu 14 Nov 02 @ 9:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)