Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: WDM Drivers for SB Live! Value Cards...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
Hey all, could someone direct me to some WDM drivers for my SB Live Value card, im runnin ME, and i need to use software 3D when runnin atomixmp3 which must be slowin my poor AMD 500mhz down a bit........

thanx all,
.::DJ Ben Jammin::.

Posted Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 11:58 am

Posted Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 10:59 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If your using Win98SE, I *STRONGLY* suggest you DONT use the WDM drivers. I already had to re-install 98SE because of the WDM drivers. ;)

Grimm

Posted Mon 06 May 02 @ 7:28 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
WDM drivers aren't supposed to work with an OS less than Win2k, because WDM is a new MS driver model (quite complicated to explain. if you want me to, just ask). So it's normal you can't find WDM drivers for win98, or that they don't work.

Posted Mon 06 May 02 @ 9:22 pm
Actually, WDM drivers work with 98SE, not the orignal 98 though. 98SE introduced the WDM drivers, but Creative as always just sat around and made zero updates to thier drivers. As I said, the newer Live! 5.1 and Audigy sould have WDM drivers available. But the older Live! 4 channel cards are still stuck with VXD drivers.

And you can't just download the 5.1 WDM drivers and install it on your older Live! card. The drivers can recognize which card is installed. Hence, why theres hacked WDM drivers available for the 4 channel cards.

But all that doesn't matter to me, since I'm going to get a Terratec 6-Fire DMX 24/96 card. :)

http://www.terratec.com/ttus/default.htm

Now if only Atomix would use the MAD mpeg decoder...

http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/

Posted Tue 07 May 02 @ 11:25 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
I played around for a while with MAD (for one of my own projects). It's not really very fast I think... Xaudio is also easier to use and to maintain (and to stay up-to-date).

Posted Tue 07 May 02 @ 8:06 pm
And also the worst sounding encoder/decoder out there. It may be partly based on the mpg123(?) lib, but it still sucks. ;)

Grimm

Posted Thu 09 May 02 @ 11:35 am
Then again, I think they've tried to clean up the decoder abit, so Xing may be the worst now, but its still not MAD quality, or for that matter even Fraunhofer quality, which is below Lame. ;)

Grimm

Posted Thu 09 May 02 @ 11:38 am
I have bought a second sound card for resolve the problem. I had the same one with a SB1024 on w98se. Try it, there is the value/Sb1024 unofficial driver. Be care, beats skippings! So, try this too: Start/execute and reduce the material acceleration in Song. The problem should be resolved. See ya. Tell us what.

http://shs-sound.paraknowya.com/

(type "creative driver unofficial" in google engine)

I'm Belgian... Sorry for this bad English... :))

Posted Tue 14 May 02 @ 12:40 pm
Erratum:

Start/execute and type DxDiag. In there, reduce the material acceleration in Song.

Posted Tue 14 May 02 @ 12:57 pm
One 3d Card ask wdm driver for phones + headphones. With 2 cards (for example: SB Value/1024 for phones + PCI 128 for headphones), some wxd drivers run corretly, without beats skipping. So, with 2 sound cards and wxd driver for w98se, enjoyt it!

I prefer w98se and 2 sounds cards for run correctly Atomix 2.1 to w2000/wXP (that two are bigger than w98se). With that one, the scroll is not abrupt. In fact, the multi-boot is the best soluce for optimal performance, without many programs installed on w98se.

My config: p4 1.8A + 256 DDR + w98se with only Atomix runs and I never know bugs or problems either Atomix 2.x nor 1.x.

Posted Tue 14 May 02 @ 1:22 pm
About the unofficial driver: these runs correctly!

In fact, delete all creative .wxd files and THEN install the unofficial. A friend has make that and all runs right

Phenryll - TMop - The wdm driver doctor! :))))

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 6:24 pm

Posted Tue 28 May 02 @ 6:26 pm
aknit44Home userMember since 2002
Strange, I am running Windows 2000 Server with two SB sound cards, Live Value! and PCI 128, and both are using the WDM drivers from Creative.

Posted Tue 18 Jun 02 @ 12:49 pm
:)) Try to Install Windows XP Professional :P

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 7:02 pm
deejaysoft2004 you answer to a very old post: may 2002

Posted Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 4:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)