Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Internet Connection request...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mcs-itPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi, some Italian users are reporting that Atomix is launching the internet connection dialer when it starts... I know that it's probably a bug... did someone report the same problem?

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 1:16 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Atomix check if there is a new version.

More, if you activated the charts option, Atomix sends your playlist to the web site.

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 2:20 pm
Ok but, as we was talking somewhere, if the internet connection is not yet estabilished atomix must not start the dialer... or not?

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 2:21 pm
and it checks the serial number too

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 6:05 pm
yes, but he's using the demo so atomix hasn't got any serial number to check ;)

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 6:15 pm
I have the same problem... Charts are DEACTIVATED as I had no clue to what that meant until I read this thread, and I'm running the 2.1 demo so there's no serial...

However I don't get a dialer as I am constantly connected through a DSL-connection but my firewall asks me if Atomix should be allowed internet access every now and then, not every time it seems... *?*

Posted Thu 04 Apr 02 @ 9:13 am
I know it sounds like a "poor hack"-post but is there any way to hide these connections from, lets say THE BOSS?

I fear it will be an extremely slow summer at work so I might as well get some well-needed practise during the slow days but we are constantly connected to the internet through a central firewall-array which will alert the "authorities" if unknown traffic is found :oP

I understand if you don't want to go in to this subject further but if you're just using the demo and have charts disabled I see no need for Atomix to generate traffic that is out of the ordinary.
(I believe someone posted something about the destination adress and it wasn't port 80 that was used according to an earlier post and everything that's not port 80(HTTP) will cause problems at work :)

Posted Fri 05 Apr 02 @ 8:20 am
If you know what is the host address which atomix tries to contact, you can add an entry into your hosts table, pointing to 127.0.0.1... and all the requests are blocked ;)

Posted Fri 05 Apr 02 @ 6:47 pm
True.. but I can't find the post and I thiink (not sure) that it was a IP-adress that was posted (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xx) so even if I found it I'd be clueless...

Hey.. wait a sec.. *starting up my personal firewall* :)

Thanks mcs-it! :)

/T2T, MCSE and as dumb as a... well.. just plain DUMB :)

Posted Fri 05 Apr 02 @ 7:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)