Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: problems changing the BPM (ALT-B)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i've only had the demo of this a couple of days... what a wicked program... stacks of fun

I can't figure this out though...

when I'm mixing something with a breakbeat etc I have to tap the beat in an external BPM program (winbpm) to find the BMP of the track.

then I enter the bpm it came up with by selecting the deck i want and pressing ALT-B.

sometimes it doesn't work properly, eg if I want to change to BPM of deck A, it will change it in deck B, sometimes the little window won't even come up!

Is this a bug, or am I missing something... could it just be a problem with the demo version???

cheers.

Posted Tue 26 Mar 02 @ 3:41 pm
MikeyHome userMember since 2001
Instead of changing the bpm of the song by selecting the deck, highlight the song in the playlist. same goes for editing comments. or right click on the song in the playlist and choose edit bpm.

mike

Posted Thu 28 Mar 02 @ 10:26 am
awesome, i'll try it!

I was going crazy!

cheers

Posted Thu 28 Mar 02 @ 11:19 pm
crundlePRO InfinityMember since 2003
for breakbeat, make up a 130 bpm track on software like ACID, with a single repeated beat. put your breakbeat track at 100% of it's speed, andstop it at the beginning of a beat.
now bring your 130 bpm beat up to it and match the position of the first and fifth beats with your break track's. now you can get an accurate reading of the bpm without the tapping...
I find this works great and is quicker to do when I have lots of tracks to calculate the bpm for.....

Posted Tue 09 Apr 02 @ 1:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)