Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Desks cut out in dual card mode

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm a DJ who swears by atomix, but I think they have to work some of the bugs out of this
latest version before I'd be willing to use it in a live performance. I've been testing it out, and
on several occasions either the A or B deck have cut out on me. The ap would continue to run as
if the track were playing, but there was no output being sent to my mixer. I'm sure you can see
how such a thing would NOT go over so well during a set.

I've gone through my system every which way and could not find the problem, so I'm thinking
there must be a bug in the ap. If anyone else is having a similar problem I'd like to hear about
it.

I hope this is something I can work through. This version has some nice fixes, and I was really
looking forward to using it.

Posted Sat 23 Mar 02 @ 7:59 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I use Atomix every weekend with no problems. Try using the dual mono out option with 1 soundcard, it works great !

DJ Homeboy

Posted Sat 23 Mar 02 @ 9:58 am
Why usind dual mono when when its possible to use Dual soundcards. Mono is mono.......its never better than stereo obviously, so it can really be that great.

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 3:38 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I disagree, with Atomix's new full mono out feature it is very difficult to tell the difference between stereo and mono.

DJ Homeboy

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 12:40 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Besides that, many bars and clubs are set up in such a way that full stereo wouldn't matter. They just want it loud, and they want it to sound full. You get that with the split mono output. No worries about a USB sound device as the 2nd sound card.

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 4:45 pm
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've had no problems like this...maybe its something in your puter's config or maybe the soundcards ??

STU

Posted Sat 06 Apr 02 @ 8:37 pm
I am using my atomix with the single sound card and a mono splitter. I have a simular problem. sometimes during the set, the progrom will not output sound to one of the desk's but it looks as if it is still playing. Normally to get by, I just open another atomix window and fade the bad on out and continue playing. Sometimes this is not the most professional fade, but I can continue without shutting down. I did a test and set the program on auto dj just to see if it will happen, and it did, but not as much. I notice that it will happen if I select music that is old. I cannot prove this ofcourse as it only happens every so often. I have been told that they are working on this, but if anyone out there knows the problem, please help me.

Posted Sun 09 Jun 02 @ 2:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)