Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BUG WINDOWS 2000 SKIPPING MUSIC....... answer pls

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i used the software in a party for about 4 hours and every couple of songs in the middle of the song more than once even, the music skips like a cd that has scratches on it. does anybody know anything about this? it happen to me only in windows 2000 in 98 mode i havent noticed such a problem yet.
you can also reach me at
--@--.--

Posted Sun 10 Mar 02 @ 5:45 am
Hi

I too did a gig this weekend and had small problems. This is the first gig I did with 2.0.

Over the coarse of five hours I had 4 songs skip on me. Also the video was very slow. I was worried all night it was going to crash totally, but it never did.

What do you mean by windows 98 mode??

I too, used to run win98 with V1.2 and had very good luck. When I went to V2.0 I reformatted and loaded 2000. I wonder if 2000 is the culpret.

windows 2000
512 ram
audigy sound card
1.2 AMD Athlon
Rage Fury Pro

Posted Mon 18 Mar 02 @ 4:23 pm
on windows 2000 is were the problem accures and i'm using v2.0 i haven't used the 2.1 yet so i dont know if it still does this thing. however on windows 98 it runs smoothly and i dont have any problems with it!!!!

Posted Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 11:38 am
I'm using Windows 2000 also and have had the skipping problem usually at least once every other song. I've tried disabling all TSRs running in the background, loaded and reloaded Direct X 8.1 and my sound card drivers but still have the problem. Haven't used AtomixMP3 with any other operating system so not sure if its just a Windows 2000 anomaly or not. Sure would appreciate a fix, though!

Posted Thu 11 Apr 02 @ 3:08 pm
yea me too but is there anybody who know how to fix this problem?

Posted Sat 08 Jun 02 @ 2:13 am
I'm using Windows XP on an AMD XP 1700+, with 384MB Ram, and a Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum Edition sound card. I am also getting the wierd skips when mixing. It seems that it occurs for me when i'm in 'windowed' mode (without the maximize button clicked), but when I do maximize it, the problem seems to dissappear.

I think it does this in windowed mode, probably because Windows is always refreshing the wallpaper in the background including the icons. It might be the culprit. Oh well...hopefully the problem is gone.

Posted Wed 21 Aug 02 @ 6:11 pm
I experience the skipping on version 2.2 and Windows XP - ad it on Windows 2000 as well. Disabled all memory residents I could find. I still have the skipping problem on fullscreen as well as windowed. It occurs also when I play songs at their original speed.

This is a nasty problem. I haven't been too interested in any recent inventions in Atomix versions - it's enough for me to change pitch and play on two separate channels simultaneously. However, this skipping problem is effectively spoiling every bit of mixing I do.

So I don't know - perhaps it's overlapping irq addresses on my hardware... Haven't really experienced this on any other player though.

Posted Sat 14 Jun 03 @ 9:22 am
Update: Installed Audigy2 Platinum ext with latest drivers, no more skipping.

Posted Sat 14 Jun 03 @ 10:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)