Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VBR bug ...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've found a very annoyiing bug in version 2.0 ... when trying to load a vbr (variable bit rate) mp3 file ... atomixmp3 crashes ...
Greetz, Dj T-Bone

Posted Mon 07 Jan 02 @ 1:40 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Normally it depends in which prog the vbr was ripped. VBR isn't a standard.

Greetz, ikke

Posted Mon 07 Jan 02 @ 9:34 pm
It was ripped with EAC (Exact Audio Copy), this prog uses The LAME encoder. (v3.90 I thought ...) Wasn't a problem with 1.12 but since I changed the xaudio.dll file to a higher version the problem is solved ... ripped it from another prog ...
Greetz, DJ T-Bone

Posted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 1:55 pm
I've discovered an unknown bug....

It was in my garden and has 10 legs, hair all over with a sheen to it and little yellow and purple spots on the top of it's body that change colour and flash.

When it saw me it spat on me and started yelling that I should stop doing acid trips, at which point I stomped on it. If anyone wants to help me identify this mysterious creature, I can send you my shoe which has the remnants of the demon on the sole.

DJ Triptastic

Posted Sat 12 Jan 02 @ 2:10 am
Lol :-)

Posted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 6:14 am
Okay then, there is a bug with VBR, but not the one you mention here. :-) I have ripped the Ben Liebrand Grandmixes (Summer Edition, Millennium Edition, 2000 and 2001) to rather huge MP3's (3 hours each) using the Nero Media Player. The files play okay in AtomixMP3, so no crashing ever. Maybe you are using a patched demo versions rather then a legal full version?

There is another anoying bug though, but that's a bug to be found in all MP3 players so far. IT DOES NOT DISPLAY THE TIME CORRECTLY, very, very, VERY anoying. For example; I am at about 1 hour of playing back the 3 hour MP3 file now and it states that I have been playing for 122 minutes already and have about 220 minutes to go... duh... I wish! :-)

Anyone know a player that DOES give the correct time b.t.w.?

Posted Fri 15 Feb 02 @ 4:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)